Jpi 830

Joe Larussa

Joe,

They are probably cycling through continuously where your pic is currently showing oilP...

Check your manual for the device... there is probably a setting that needs to be clicked for that...

It may be an affect of the choice of horizontal vs. vertical display... as the CHTs are alternating between the two available lines...

Stand by for somebody with better knowledge...

Best regards,

-a-

Hi Joe,

In portrait orientation you have two options for the display. One gives you up to ten fields to display in the right side column but the trade-off is a narrower EGT/CHT display with only the digits for CHT displayed. The other gives you only five fields in the right column but a wider EGT/CHT display with both digits shown. Section 14 of the manual provides some guidance on how to set it up but it is not the most helpful manual I have used. 
Standing by for @carusoam to correct my crappy photo editing.....

Good luck,

Mark

07F7854E-87A6-468F-83B7-1E03B82F5083.thumb.jpeg.f20f53e264d0c81b7d5ba065ed7819d0.jpeg

C638D358-E33C-4653-B192-BA1809611AD5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All ipad...

I detailed this in the past... but it changed...

Save the pic...

Edit the pic.

choose rotate.

rotate the pic.

save the pic when it looks correct...

But now...

Sometimes it looks correct in the picture app... but it isn’t.

It won’t allow you to edit and save without changing it... bummer...

So change it...

edit.

rotate it.

save it again.

restart the process...

edit.

rotate it to look right this time.

Save it cause you can...

Then import to MS...

This is guaranteed to work this way until the next version of IOS becomes available... in a month or so...

They are closing in on the solution, just haven’t gotten full control of it yet...

:)

Let me know if you have any questions... I probably wasn’t clear enough...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 1:56 PM, squeaky.stow said:

Hi Joe,

In portrait orientation you have two options for the display. One gives you up to ten fields to display in the right side column but the trade-off is a narrower EGT/CHT display with only the digits for CHT displayed. The other gives you only five fields in the right column but a wider EGT/CHT display with both digits shown. Section 14 of the manual provides some guidance on how to set it up but it is not the most helpful manual I have used. 
Standing by for @carusoam to correct my crappy photo editing.....

Good luck,

Mark

07F7854E-87A6-468F-83B7-1E03B82F5083.thumb.jpeg.f20f53e264d0c81b7d5ba065ed7819d0.jpeg

C638D358-E33C-4653-B192-BA1809611AD5.jpeg

Did what you recommended and it worked like a charm. JPI told me to do a factory reset! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe Larussa said:

Did what you recommended and it worked like a charm. JPI told me to do a factory reset! 

Shame on me.  Just went through this a few months ago.  Glad you got that sorted.  I am in process of getting the MP set properly and will then fly at 70% setting (ROP) to get % power to be more accurate.  The button pushing works, but you need to do exactly what the directions say... :) I have the manual PDF saved and refer often with screen shots littering my photos.