Look at that Beautiful Emmpanage

Jeph357

Kinda sad to see this just as a display and not flying. 

Made it to the  Museum of Aeronautical Sciences in Japan today. As we were pulling up low and behold I see one of the unmistakable profiles of an emmpanage! Didn't think Id see a Mooney in Japan, unfortunately its just outside exposed to the elements and wasting away along with some other aircraft. Also made it another museum,  no Mooney, but some historical and interesting planes none the less (even if full scale replicas).  Have been trying to actually get some flight time, but pretty strict and requires a lot more planning here to actually fly PIC than I have time to devote to it. So have to settle for the museums and watching from work. 

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail2.jpg

Japanairmueseum.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There is an M20K flying in Japan...

I had a brief couple of words with the pilot via YouTube...

It would be interesting if you could touch base with him while you are there... English didn’t seem to be a challenge...

That would be quite the adventure!  :)

Your mission, if you choose to accept it....

Find Mr. Makoto...   

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, carusoam said:

There is an M20K flying in Japan...

I had a brief couple of words with the pilot via YouTube...

It would be interesting if you could touch base with him while you are there... English didn’t seem to be a challenge...

Find Mr. Makoto...   

Best regards,

-a-

Ah, Makoto-san. Sugoi desu ne?

Takeda is a rather busy airport, rather like a Bravo over here, I should think.

On 11/28/2020 at 3:04 AM, carusoam said:

Accepted! Got in touch with Makoto and  got direction to a private airport. Ryugasaki. Went for a short 20 minute flight or ride rather in the backseat of a 172. The rules are pretty strict for foreign nationals and general aviation it seems (or at least my understanding from the language barrier/loss in translation). In any case spoke with a couple of CFIs that were there with an owner of a 172 that had flown from another airport.  After my conversation with them it made me realize how fortunate we are to have the ability to fly like we do, not only in our beloved Mooneys but each and every flying machine we are able to own and fly across our great country!  Made me think of how often  we get frustrated with regulations and whatnot, but oh how much more difficult it could be. I am thankful to live where Im not priced out of owning and flying as I do. The cost of an aircraft here is roughly 4 times as much to purchase. (more than 1 aircraft just parked and backseats full of things.)A liter of 100LL is 350-400yen ($3-$4 roughly) 3.78 liters to a gallon $11.34 gallon. 10 landings at the field your aircraft is based out of per month, after that 4000 yen ($40) landing fee, per landing/touch'n'go. Not your home airport 4000 yen (average) landing fee wether you buy fuel or not. So to have the infrastructure and ability to travel by our preferred methods without the expenses alone not even getting into the bureaucracy and regulations is something I know I have taken for granted (honestly hadn't had the chance for any comparison before) and I will still take advantage of but will not take for granted. Not sure this is really the correct thread but its realizations and eye opening ramblings from the mission accepted. (I feel like I could've been posted in "Todays flight in the year 2020" thread or another or 2) All in all I enjoyed myself conversing and interacting with the aviation family in another country and it felt good to be off the ground but I cannot wait to be in my plane again and airborne. A few more weeks.........

Ryugasaki sign.jpg

Ryugasaki.jpg

Ryugasaki1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

WOOOOOW!

SUCCESS!

YOU DID IT!

AMAZING!

MS is about connecting people...

Jeph,

It would be great to post a pic and a paragraph in bonal’s today’s flight thread...

This is an amazing Mooney / MSer traveling story...

I’m so glad you were able to make contact with Mr. Makoto, and go flying!

Truly amazing...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1