$100 dollar hamburger where to find

flysamo

always looking for places to go. it would be nice if we had a travel section where to do a fly in for that $100 dollar hamburger.

if we use the following format ( took it from Beech site)

List:

air port name-identifier. Porterville ca. PTV

Restaurant Name-style. out side dinning taxi right to to restaurant

Review. Lots of local low key great burger

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flysamo said:

always looking for places to go. it would be nice if we had a travel section where to do a fly in for that $100 dollar hamburger.

if we use the following format ( took it from Beech site)

List:

air port name-identifier. Porterville ca. PTV

Restaurant Name-style. out side dinning taxi right to to restaurant

Review. Lots of local low key great burger

I love this. Do we think this deserves a dedicated channel on MS? Fun!

55 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

Would have to be very regional. I’m not fly to Maine for a hamburger. 

But few of us (not me!) know where your recommended "Harris Ranch" is . . . . .

I used to could recommend Eufala, AL, KEUF, Weedon Field. But the restaurant has a new owner, new menu, new hours and I haven't been. The old one was good, guess I need to try the new one. It's next door to the FBO. In fact, I haven't been there since the tornado hit and destroyed the hangars and Fire Dept. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Trust me...

There are a few threads around here for that...

Probably find it by searching for throwed rolls... :)

Best regards,

-a-

Haven't been to Missouri yet, but the one in Gulf Shores is decent. They put pilots at the front of the line too, so cut up to the desk and ask!

• Thanks 1

Because of all the military traffic using the field, Marietta, Florida, offers a free hot lunch to all, at least they did pre-Covid.  Don't know who/why/how they do it, but it was tasty both times I had it while getting a prop ECI done at the local prop shop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobertGary1 said:

It’s not too far from the first recommendation in Porterville. I think we have a central Cali theme here. 

-Robert 

You're not flying to Maine for lunch, and I ain't going to California for lunch either! Or Maine, for that matter. But I've checked my map and need to add Mississippi. Where can I eat there?

There is a recent Facebook group started in the NC,SC,GA,VA area to report fly-ins and get-togethers. Been pretty active in the very short time it's been around. I'm looking forward to taking advantage when I feel more comfortable.

surprised if there aren't similar groups in other areas.

Unfortunately, the format of forums such as these don't work very well for this kind of information.  Instead of trying to recreate the wheel, just use one of the already available search engines for this data.  http://www.fly2lunch.com/ is free and whereas http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/ has a $0.99 monthly subscription fee.

• Like 1

An excellent trip to The Waypoint Cafe, Camarillo Airpot, CMA, California.  Super yummy tri-tip sandwich.

Another terrific eatery, Flight Cafe 126 at Santa Paula Airport, SZP,  just a short hop north of Camarillo.

Arrive SZP first Sunday of each month and stroll amongst hangar area for aircraft display day..... there are some terrific vintage beautiful specimens for viewing.  Excellent Avgas price too.

Fly to our little slice of paradise Oceano Airport,  L52, right next to the big blue Pacific Ocean, and I’ll pick you up for a great authentic burrito (and other yummy stuff) at our little hole in the wall Chacho’s take out joint!  Oceano fuel is very consistent in keeping their price relatively low.

Ukiah (KUKI) has authentic Mexican food across the street from the airport. You place your order (and pay for it) at the supermarket, then give the receipt to the woman next door, who makes your tortillas on a grill and has the kitchen do the rest. Outdoor dining on benches. Plus, you can get fresh Mexican baked goods at the supermarket.

• Like 2