Mooney M20K 262 Trophy - Checklist

Stryk77

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 1979 M20K 262 Trophy. The previous owner was not using a checklist ... ya, that’s pretty bad. 

Do we have any 262 owners on here? Before I take first flight, I will need a checklist. Previous owner “lost it”. Wondering if anyone would kindly share one for the 262 Trophy. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Stryk77

Typically...

People write and adjust their checklists specific to their plane...

It surely helps to have one to start from... :)

So finding one that is perfect for you and your plane is highly unlikely...

But, you should be able to get one and then update it...

All the checklist items come from the POH... and it’s supplements...

I got my checklist for my Ovation... directly from the guy who was doing my Transition Training...

The updates are mostly things that got added later on... lots of electronic things that need to be turned on or off...

Finding a similar plane to yours may also help... the 262 is a 231 that has been updated to mimic a 252...

Everything got updated to 252 equipment except the 12V system... it stayed 12V and not 24V...

Learning the fuel system is interesting... M20Ks can have some pretty complex details for getting fuel to go to the right place for starting...

If you didn’t get a POH with that... that may be a different challenge...

Best regards,

-a-

On 11/24/2020 at 3:48 PM, Stryk77 said:

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 1979 M20K 262 Trophy. The previous owner was not using a checklist ... ya, that’s pretty bad. 

Do we have any 262 owners on here? Before I take first flight, I will need a checklist. Previous owner “lost it”. Wondering if anyone would kindly share one for the 262 Trophy. 

Thanks! 

Your POH should have checklists.

• Like 1

I'm the lucky owner of a 262.  The POH is for a 252 (although I have the 231 POH also).  I recently developed a new checklist because the panel is now glass so a lot of the checks change.  I also emphasize/repeat some of the things I tend to forget, which are now in bold red font.   I'll private message you what I developed but it may need a lot of editing to meet your configuration.  

• Like 1

I also own a 262. The previous owner developed a ridiculously huge checklist book (yep, a laminated, spiral bound book) that I don't use. He is/was an offshore helo pilot and I guess it worked for him.

I found a 252 checklist on the internet and it works perfectly. Operationally there is no functional difference between a 262 and 252. The checklist doesn't that you have a 14V electrical system instead of 28V.

I have a 262 as well from Mod Squad.  I made a check list from the POH as well as supplements from installations and I have the POH supplement with the new performance data if you don't have that.  I would be happy to send you both if you still need them.

Here's the checklist I made for my 252. I only use it for check rides, FR's, etc. I just prefer flows. It's meant to be printed double sided on 3x5 cards and laminated. With a ring in the corner, it makes for a nice small deck that is easy to use. 

FWIW the DPE on my Commercial was impressed by it. I would run my flow, then reference the card to "check" that I'd done everything. He said that was the "pro pilot way" of running a check list.

N252AD Checklist.docx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1