Turbo Flex Tube

bbakerco

Hey folks,

See photo. My J has a turbo normalizer (Rayjay) from M20 Turbos Inc which is defunct of course. I’m looking for the 930199-22 flex tube that is a short segment of 22 degree angled 2 1/4” diameter tube approx 4” long  that attach to either side of the wastegate.  The only sources my A&P has found have been straight or 45 degrees. I am looking for 2 of them.   I appreciate any help locating a source. 

1B72D5E7-6919-49DA-9CBE-3923A89974D9.jpeg

A bad feeling about cutting a $43 dollar part?

I would hand that to my favorite A&P, and not watch him work...

Apparently I get this feeling every time cutting tools come out near my Mooney...

I get interested when cutting is limited to replaceable parts... like inspection panels...

PP thoughts only not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Keep in mind, PMA is specific to the STC or FAA authorized replacement part. Yes, it has aviation "pedigree" but doesn't give you specific permission to install on something other than that particular STC or specific FAA approved replacement part.

Now, given the particular situation with M20 Turbo, it is what it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomgo2 said:

Keep in mind, PMA is specific to the STC or FAA authorized replacement part. Yes, it has aviation "pedigree" but doesn't give you specific permission to install on something other than that particular STC or specific FAA approved replacement part.

Now, given the particular situation with M20 Turbo, it is what it is.

Ya, point taken. I’ll leave the call to my A&P. 

17 hours ago, carusoam said:

A bad feeling about cutting a $43 dollar part?

I would hand that to my favorite A&P, and not watch him work...

Apparently I get this feeling every time cutting tools come out near my Mooney...

I get interested when cutting is limited to replaceable parts... like inspection panels...

PP thoughts only not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Cutting down hoses are not difficult.  Put a hose clamp around the hose where you want it cut, and take a sharp pocket knife and use the edge of the hose clamp as a straight edge and trim away.  You can cut a1little at a time off to fir the hose and the cut comes out clean and straight.

John Breda

• Thanks 1