looking to buy a used prop for a Bravo

SpencerT

Don’t know if this is the right forum for this request, but I am looking to purchase a used prop for a Bravo. Barring finding a used prop, I am thinking of purchasing a new MT but after reading everything in mooneyspace about doing so, I am not sure. Question; does the M20M cowling have to be modified at all if I do purchase an MT? 

Welcome aboard, Spencer T!

You have come to the right place...

I know we have a member with an MT on his Bravo...

I don’t remember hearing anything about people modifying the cowling for any MT... on any Mooney...

Lets see if we can find who knows what...

Best regards,

-a-

Hmmm... little bit of a challenge...   the word MT is too short for part of the search function... it captures a few extra things... other than MT...  causing a hand search to be needed...

8 hours ago, SpencerT said:

Don’t know if this is the right forum for this request, but I am looking to purchase a used prop for a Bravo. Barring finding a used prop, I am thinking of purchasing a new MT but after reading everything in mooneyspace about doing so, I am not sure. Question; does the M20M cowling have to be modified at all if I do purchase an MT? 

The only other issue you're going to run into with an MT is lead time.  I believe it's 4-6 weeks? How soon do you need one? Are you AOG?

I recently put my used 3 blade Mccauley Bravo prop on consignment at Rocky Mountain Propellers in Erie, CO. It may be available for sale. I just upgraded to the 4 blade MT prop when I put in a factory reman engine. The MT prop is awesome- quiet, smooth and added climb performance with at least no cruise speed loss, if not faster. The MT prop may take several months to get so plan way ahead if go that route. 

Edited by HXG

• 3 weeks later...

I want to take a moment to thank HXG for offering up his used prop which I now have and after a fresh coat of paint will be going on my Mooney M20M Bravo tomorrow.

It seems the Bravo prop is a very rare commodity since it is specific to the model.

Thanks again HXG, and if you are ever up in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia please give me a call, I owe you big time.

Cheers

SpencerT

• Like 3