1963 M20C, For Sale, Asking $44,900 or Consider Trade.....SOLD!

takair

@Parker_Woodruff So on the flip side, what is with the recent trend of aircraft underwriters dropping coverage on older aircraft?  Starr just dropped me because my plane is 62...and I was told their current cut line is 1960.   The only 2 underwriters that gave quotes to my former broker were increases of $2.5K (and they had a $5K in-motion deductible) versus last year for the same coverage.  I ended up with Avemco (was still an increase, but not nearly as bad), which is why I had to depart Travers after being a long time customer.  :(  

Brian

15 minutes ago, flight2000 said:

@Parker_Woodruff So on the flip side, what is with the recent trend of aircraft underwriters dropping coverage on older aircraft?

I didn't think we would be seeing this so quickly with pistons, but it was definitely expected with turbines (Starr wants 1986 or newer for turbines now).

I need to check on the piston side, but this might just apply to piston twins.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, takair said:

I would suggest calling Jack.  He does not frequent Mooneyspace.  The plane is not yet sold, but there is one serious buyer looking at it.  Where are you in CT?  I live in Oxford, based out of BDR.  

I live in Middlefield. Near Powder Ridge.  I was flying (training) out of 4B9 (Simsbury) until COVID hit. Then my company had me working from home.  4B9 was 6 miles from my office so I was training during lunch.  Not exactly a Mooney runway.  I will most likely hanger a plane at KMMK (Meriden) or KHFD (Brainard). 

My friend flies out of Oxford, he is a Sovereign driver. LMK if you ever want someone working the radios/checklists and splitting fuel cost on your next $100 hamburger run. I would love to see the inside of a Mooney.  I only have Piper 180 and C172 time.

Edited by atrosa
Typo
  • Like 1

All this age related insurance stuff is making me nervous. I’ve been with Falcon for almost as long as I’ve had my Mooney (30 years). I’m reach 69 this year. Looks like I need to have a good discussion with Falcon to determine what my future with them will be. Do I need to look for another insurer?  

Chuck,

The agent doesn’t make the rules... Falcon is the agent...

to discuss your situation, and best way to handle it... speak with the son of falcon...

Our insurance guy had spent some time there before going out on his own years later...

Set up a discussion with Parker... he can tell you what to avoid based on getting to know where you are at...

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Chuck,

The agent doesn’t make the rules... Falcon is the agent...

to discuss your situation, and best way to handle it... speak with the son of falcon...

Our insurance guy had spent some time there before going out on his own years later...

Set up a discussion with Parker... he can tell you what to avoid based on getting to know where you are at...

Best regards,

-a-

I emailed my rep last night right after this post. Once I hear from her, I will contact Parker to discuss. 

thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, takair said:

I would suggest calling Jack.  He does not frequent Mooneyspace.  The plane is not yet sold, but there is one serious buyer looking at it.  Where are you in CT?  I live in Oxford, based out of BDR.  

15 minutes ago, PJ-Chris42 said:

Is 94U still for sale?

See if this is helpful...

Rob @takair is the OP, and this is the latest advice he gave... I also sent him a message requesting he stop by this thread for an update...

Best regards,

-a-

49 minutes ago, PJ-Chris42 said:

Is 94U still for sale?

Not sold yet, but close.  Trying to demo it to the potential buyer if the weather would cooperate...hopefully this coming weekend.  Feel free to call Jack to confirm, but I will post if it sells...or doesn’t.....

• Like 1

The sale fell through due to buyer personal reasons.  I flew the airplane for Jack a couple of weeks ago.  This is a nice flying C model.  The manual gear is smoother than my own E.  If you have interest, give Jack a call ASAP.  The airplane has insurance coverage at the moment, allowing me to demo the plane to a potential buyer.  Shout out to @Parker_Woodruff for helping Jack out!  Parker is a real gentleman!

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:39 PM, atrosa said:

Is this plane still available? I live in CT and would like to discuss. My hours are low as I'm still a student but this where I want to be for my forever plane.

Plane is available!  See my note above.  

On 1/24/2021 at 1:50 AM, AKEllsworth said:

Is this m20c still available.  If so, I would love to see a few more photos and here more about this plane. 

Aircraft is available.  Call Jack for more pictures and info on the plane.  He would be happy to tell you all about it.

• Thanks 1

I'll tell a few friends about this C for sale, looks great.

For what it's worth on the insurance side, I bought insurance from Falcon last May'20.  1962 C for $2600 @ 25k hull value, age 41 and I had 10 hours in the previous 15 years.  I'll be contacting Falcon soon since I've put 100 hours on the restoration in 9 months and an additional 75k over the hull value to make it somewhat remanufactured.  Questions I have in general will be 'how do I get the rates down'?  I'll do any training or upgrades necessary to reduce the risk/cost since it'll be safer for my family as well.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, Hair Helmet said:

I'll tell a few friends about this C for sale, looks great.

For what it's worth on the insurance side, I bought insurance from Falcon last May'20.  1962 C for $2600 @ 25k hull value, age 41 and I had 10 hours in the previous 15 years.  I'll be contacting Falcon soon since I've put 100 hours on the restoration in 9 months and an additional 75k over the hull value to make it somewhat remanufactured.  Questions I have in general will be 'how do I get the rates down'?  I'll do any training or upgrades necessary to reduce the risk/cost since it'll be safer for my family as well.

Have you raised the value during the year?  You should do that to guard your investment...they'll give you a pro-rated increase in premium.

Regarding your rates, you'd need to provide more info on your current pilot experience, ratings, etc. to see what's available.  Discounts are carrier-specific.

• Like 1