1963 M20C, For Sale, Asking $44,900 or Consider Trade.....Price Reduced!

@Parker_Woodruff So on the flip side, what is with the recent trend of aircraft underwriters dropping coverage on older aircraft?  Starr just dropped me because my plane is 62...and I was told their current cut line is 1960.   The only 2 underwriters that gave quotes to my former broker were increases of $2.5K (and they had a $5K in-motion deductible) versus last year for the same coverage.  I ended up with Avemco (was still an increase, but not nearly as bad), which is why I had to depart Travers after being a long time customer.  :(  

Brian

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

15 minutes ago, flight2000 said:

@Parker_Woodruff So on the flip side, what is with the recent trend of aircraft underwriters dropping coverage on older aircraft?

I didn't think we would be seeing this so quickly with pistons, but it was definitely expected with turbines (Starr wants 1986 or newer for turbines now).

I need to check on the piston side, but this might just apply to piston twins.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:59 PM, Parker_Woodruff said:

I didn't think we would be seeing this so quickly with pistons, but it was definitely expected with turbines (Starr wants 1986 or newer for turbines now).

I need to check on the piston side, but this might just apply to piston twins.

What about liability only? Is that an issue with age?