Mooney Summit VIII New Dates - October 22-24, 2021

Seth

We are pleased to announce that the postponed Mooney Summit VIII will take place on:

October 22-24, 2021 in Tampa, Florida

Airport:  Peter O’Night Airport in Tampa, FL (KTPF)

Hotel: The Barrymore Hotel https://barrymorehotel.com/ - When the time comes I’ll send out information for booking our discounted room block rate

Registration: www.MooneySummit.com – There is a registration fee this year due to the increased size of the event and associated costs. Registration is $99 prior to July 1, 2021 and $149 after July 1, 2021. One non-pilot spouse/significant other has a zero cost registration.

We will release the tentative schedule at a future date. The format will remain similar with arrival and airport day on Friday, and meetings at the hotel conference space all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Except for those that requested a refund due to COVID, everyone who was registered for Mooney Summit VIII are still good to go. Unless state restrictions prohibit large gatherings in October 2021, and the board believes it is appropriate to hold the meeting, then we still plan to have no wait list and a fully open meeting.

It is our hope to continue to provide the Mooney Community with a superb presentation lineup at the continued largest gathering of Mooney operators in the world. With our uncapped attendance availability, this should be the largest Mooney Summit to date.

Let’s continue to “Better the Breed” in working toward being safer pilots and of course taking care of our own when tragedy strikes.

Check back for updates and thank you for being part of the Mooney Summit.

-The Mooney Summit Board

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Correct. We checked other aviation events and did not want to conflict with NBAA, another Mooney event, and also had to check with the Tampa Airport Authority and the hotel. We went with the next weekend, October 22-24, 2021. 

Hopefully the "new normal" will be well upon us by then.

-Seth

• Thanks 1

Walter Dodge of Kelly Aerospace, the good folks that make an outstanding AC for the longbodies (It really works!) has just agreed to provide BBQ for our Friday evening reception! Thanks Walter! He is an amazing pitmaster. Ill pick up a few Salmons for smoking to placate our piscaterians!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, carusoam said:

@mike_elliott ,

Just to be sure...

I believe I left my dough in the basket from last year...

When registering today... it is asking for payment details again...

Any hint how to handle this situation...?

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony, if you previously registered and did not ask for your reg fee to be returned  earlier when we postponed, you are good to go. Rick sent an email to all still registered a couple of days ago. Looking at the registrations I see

Anthony CarusoHillsborough, NJ

$202.00Pilot/IndividualMooney Summit VIIICOMPLETED

Jan 10, 202012:05 am

You are all signed up and did so Jan 10 2020 
See you then if not sooner!
Mike

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

Just checking that the Summit has my registration fee from the cancelled 2020 Summit.  I should be good for 2021.  Please confirm.

John Breda

Hi John, yes we have your registration fee and you are good for the 2021 Summit. See you there!

Cheers,
Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Airport day, Friday is open, however the Friday evening reception will require registration. We spend the registration fee buying the food  for everyone, taking care of SME's lodging. etc . Donations are what fund the Bill Gilliland foundation so feel free to help support!

Mooney Summit VIII folded flyer.pdf

• 1 month later...

Our hotel contract is pending, and we will be getting the registration information out to all registered participants as soon as possible. This will be available to you no later than the end of June. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2021 at 8:23 PM, Junkman said:

Our hotel contract is pending, and we will be getting the registration information out to all registered participants as soon as possible. This will be available to you no later than the end of June. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Rick

I contacted the Barrymore Hotel (after seeing the ad in the Mooney Flyer) but they are completely booked with college students on the days of the Summit.  Sounds like the Summit Meeting Hotel will be different from the overnight accommodations.  Please send the hotel name you will be using for accommodations when you have it arranged.  

John Breda

21 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

I contacted the Barrymore Hotel (after seeing the ad in the Mooney Flyer) but they are completely booked with college students on the days of the Summit.  Sounds like the Summit Meeting Hotel will be different from the overnight accommodations.  Please send the hotel name you will be using for accommodations when you have it arranged.  

John Breda

This is correct, we are finalizing contracts for room blocks at three different nearby hotels. We'll get the hotel registration information out to everyone as soon as possible. Again, thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Rick

An email was sent out this morning to all registered attendee's that listed some of the hotel options to choose from, John. Our agenda is posted HERE and registration can be completed at www.mooneysummit.com

We look forward to seeing everyone once again. This is going to be a really great Summit! Rick did a fantastic job putting the agenda together and Seth got the hotel arrangements all made. Thanks guys!

18 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

An email was sent out this morning to all registered attendee's that listed some of the hotel options to choose from, John. Our agenda is posted HERE and registration can be completed at www.mooneysummit.com

We look forward to seeing everyone once again. This is going to be a really great Summit! Rick did a fantastic job putting the agenda together and Seth got the hotel arrangements all made. Thanks guys!

Do these take a bit to process? I do not see anything including in junk/spam. I registered on 6/14.