[SOLD] 1964 M20D For Sale , GTN-650, Lynx NGT-9000 ADS-B

tigers2007

1964 Mooney M20D Serial #224. 6314TT, 2243SMOH, 1hr on Prop IRAN, "Johnson Bar" manual gear, touchscreen Garmin GTN-650, touchscreen L3 Lynx ADS-B w/WiFi, Garmin SL30 NAV/COMM, Insight G1 Graphic Engine Monitor, King KMA24 Audio panel, Flightcom recorder, Flightcom 4-place intercom, interior 7, paint 7, standby vacuum, LED landing light, O&N Bladders, All Aircraft & Prop logs, Engine logs 2 & 3 (two overhauls since first log) in paper and .pdf format. Last owner from 1965-2016 was active flying club in Flint, MI. Powertow EZ35 included. (<---from my barnstormer ad). Also has a certified Stratus dual-USB port installed.

Transponder and IFR cert completed in mid-2019 (I need to check the logs for an exact date). Both magnetos overhauled by Aircraft Magneto Service about 84 hours ago. Engine does not leak oil except for a little bit around the dipstick tube. Hartzell 3-blade prop inspection and re-seal by Stallings Aircraft Propeller also included him installing updated seals per Hartzell SB. ALWAYS hangared and ALWAYS registered in Michigan. Muffler overhauled, all gear disc' s replaced, Reiff pan heater, and front shoulder harnesses installed (late 2016 by Lapeer Aviation). Vacuum pump replaced 8/2018. The AI and DG overhauled in 2019.

The ugly: The Century IIB is flaky; I would bet $1M that it is something to do with one of the Amphenol connectors. Has typical hangar rash. I'm selling this as I moved near KOSH and I'm getting into E-LSA's. I no longer have long cross-country's in my mission nor can afford to keep this around. I spent nearly $15k for my "First Annual" at Lapeer Aviation (former MSC) who had a Mooney-experienced IA & pilot take a good look at it. They replaced all of the sloppy control parts (pushrods, links, etc.) and anything that was an airworthiness concern. I can send you the receipts.

Aircraft is located in Northern Michigan. You could fly into Sault Sainte Marie, MI KCIU / "CIU" (Delta) or Marquette, MI KSAW / "MQT" or "ESC" or "IMT" (Delta, American) and fly this away or I could fly it to you. I have no hesitation flying to across the USA. Currently receiving an annual inspection. Your A&P/IA could fly into CIU or MQT/ESC/IMT to do a prebuy inspection too (airfare is crazy-cheap right now).

No lien; I own this free and clear. I can email you .pdf logs, FAA registration history, and title search documents (from when I bought this in 2016).

Asking $39,900   PM me if you have any questions.

Panel.jpeg

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8510.JPG

MooneyN1959Y.jpeg

N1959Y.jpeg

prop2.jpeg

IMG_4440.JPG

Lasar has an STC to convert any C, D, E and F to any 200 hp Lycoming.  $450 or so.  Cheap STC, expensive to do.  A lot of parts needed: engine, fuel pump, new cowling and induction for the fuel injected engine, is the prop approved or will you need another, etc.  Ask Lasar, I bet they would suggest you buy an E or F rather than convert, or just overhaul that O-360.

Look at that panel pic, 140 knots at 11,500.  Nice panel, good looking plane with a lot of expensive things done: 650, ADSB, prop overhaul, bladders, etc.  Fly that parallel valve engine until it starts talking to you, then overhaul.

• Like 2

• tigers2007 changed the title to [UNDER CONTRACT] 1964 M20D For Sale , GTN-650, Lynx NGT-9000 ADS-B
1 hour ago, tigers2007 said:

Pending Sale in progress... I received an email from a friend of the prospective buyer less than FIVE MINUTES after posting it on barnstormer LOL!

Everything looks good on the surface, wish I had the opportunity to purchase her. God luck with the sell. 

• Like 1

• tigers2007 changed the title to [SOLD] 1964 M20D For Sale , GTN-650, Lynx NGT-9000 ADS-B