Trim Switch for GFC-500 in the 201

5 hours ago, Speed Merchant said:

The shop doing my panel upgrade is looking for a new control yoke trim switch for my bird. Which switch should I use? Any problem reusing the trim from my KAP -150? I would much rather install a new switch.

Thanks

My GFC 500 was installed this summer and they reused the KAP 150 trim switch. It works fine so far. 

The installation manual specifies a trim switch that may be used and purchased from Garmin.  You can get that switch directly from the manufacturer for about half price.  We did that but it was too large for our yoke so we re-used the KFC switch.  Luckily for me the installer said he could use the new switch on a future installation in a different type aircraft so it didn't cost me anything.

2 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

The installation manual specifies a trim switch that may be used and purchased from Garmin.  You can get that switch directly from the manufacturer for about half price.  We did that but it was too large for our yoke so we re-used the KFC switch.  Luckily for me the installer said he could use the new switch on a future installation in a different type aircraft so it didn't cost me anything.

I had the same experience.  We were going to use this one but it didn't fit on the yoke for my R.  The whole module would have to have been redone, speed brakes and other buttons included.  So, we just reused the BK switch.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/trimswitch11-15410.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxMb9pP_67AIVzgiICR1UngGUEAQYASABEgLYM_D_BwE

3 hours ago, hypertech said:

I had the same experience.  We were going to use this one but it didn't fit on the yoke for my R.  The whole module would have to have been redone, speed brakes and other buttons included.  So, we just reused the BK switch.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/trimswitch11-15410.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxMb9pP_67AIVzgiICR1UngGUEAQYASABEgLYM_D_BwE

3 hours ago, hypertech said:

Thanks I will check it out!

14 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

Thanks