How incredible is this...

StevenL757

3 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Not sure if this had been shared here, so will remove if a duplicate.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2020/november/05/flying-tigers-vet-flies-solo-to-celebrate-his-100th-birthday?utm_source=ebrief&utm_medium=email

I could only aspire to be so fortunate...   :-)

Yes indeed!! So special Is he.  Harry, a dear friend of mine and it’s truly an honor to call him that.

Please see my thread “A National Treasure” under miscellaneous aviation.

• Like 1

Here is an article I penned a few years ago about one of our national treasures, Captain Harry Moyer, P40 pilot during WWll.

https://generalaviationnews.com/2018/08/16/it-came-back-to-me-quickly/

A little update on Captain Moyer...............this October Harry will celebrate his 100th...........WOW!  We are attempting to get the P40 here in San Luis so that Harry can once again fly it............and on his 100th birthday celebration!!  This is absolutely completely special!!

I'll produce another article on Harry after his historic birthday flight!

Thank you to our very special Captain Harry Moyer!

P.S. Harry just passed his 3rd class medical and continues to fly the Mooney [mostly accompanied these days by his son, also a Mooney pilot]/

• Like 2

A couple of years , I decided Harry was the epitome of optimism......... reason being...... he asked about having the Mooney repainted at Artcraft, knowing my experiences with them.

He wanted to Spruce up the plane! Harry said parking the plane on the SBP ramp for several years had been hard on the paint.  

The optomism was apparent...... this wonderful national treasure of a person was 97 years of age at that point and was interested in having his aircraft painted so he could continue to enjoy its beauty for the future!!!!  Impressive.

Harry did have the Mooney repainted at Artcraft and it looks terrific!

• Like 3

Another Harry story.......his squadron was relocating some P40’s and they made a fuel stop in Karachi.  Harry says the Brits did it up first class at their officers club..... plenty of scotch, gin and vodka on hand and they were more than happy to share.

The Brits offered Harry a bunch of bottles of Scotch to take back to his base for his commarades.  All decided the best place to store all for the flight was to carefully pack the bottles in the empty ammunition tubes....... the rest is history!:D

• Haha 1