Denver to Sedona Around The Smoke For A Weekend Away...

PilotRob

My wife and I decided to get out of town a while back and headed to Sedona, AZ from Denver for the weekend.  With all the Colorado wildfires, we choose a southern route along the CO front range and then turned westerly over La Veta Pass...This leg is filled with ATC interaction, a little radio relay, and then a stop in Gallup, NM.  Enjoy...

22 minutes ago, Matt Ward said:

Welcome to MS! There are many of us based at BJC - looked like the East Ts in the opening. How did you find LaVeta? That’s one I’ve not had occasion to do but have heard it gets spicy with rotors coming off the SDC range. 

La Veta was good on the day of this flight.  Winds were calm to relatively moderate and as I passed through, it was pretty easy to maintain a near constant updraft just by reading the terrain and wind direction.  Yep, that's the East T's.  My hangar faces out to the new SheltAir facility.  Hope to run into you...

Edited by PilotRob

I hate being that guy too... thanks to the pirate... he gets credit for the great suggestion... :)

They are not very hard to update...

Makes a great team project!

There is at least one thread around here that covers the details... there is a challenging bolt...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pirate said:

Great Video! 
one recommendation (I hate to be that guy and rarely am ) but please get some shoulder harness seat belts for you and your lovely wife. 

Totally agree. It was the first thing I did after buying the J...

You can see them installed in all the more recent videos. 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 7:59 AM, Oscar Avalle said:

Welcome on board!! And very nice video. One question and one suggestion. What headset is your wife using, is this Bose? And here my suggestion, try to play with other camera angles, this helps a lot in getting to understand what is going on.

Nice video!!!

OScar

Hey Oscar, My wife is using the Clarity Aloft. She likes them as they are lightweight...

• Like 1