NavData issue in my IFD540

Matt Ward

I just had a used IFD540 installed in my M20E. I updated the DFS files from Avidyne to match my tail number and it seems to be working great except for one problem I'll try to explain:

-Upon booting up, the unit takes about 5 minutes to get ready
-When it's not ready, the primary part of the MAP view is basically all black with a white compass rose
-During this period, the Status page for GPS shows full satellites but the Nav Mode is blank
-Further, the Status page for the Databases shows Nav: Collecting Information
-On the FMS FPL page, it says Loading Nav Databases
-The GPS indicator (upper right of the screen) is yellow and the BT and Wifi are green

After about five minutes, things seem to go to normal:
-The Map page displays Terrain
-The Database Status page shows Nav: Americas
-The GPS Status page shows Nav Mode: ENRT
-The FML FPL page is active too

At this point, I'm ready to fly. But when I fly I am noticing that the critical aeronautical features don't display on the map. For instance, there are no airspace rings at all! I've been through the Map Options exhaustively and don't think it's a user setting I've inadvertently disabled.

I refreshed all three Jepp databases tonight but the problem hasn't fixed itself.

The software version is 10.2.4.1.

I know there are a lot of Avidyne users on here so I figured I'd ask - I'll also ask on the Avidyne forum too.

Thank you!

Matt have you checked the Avidyne website..?

They have a forum there specific to their products...

We have a lot of Avidyne users...

So few Avidyne problems... the threads have been quiet lately...

See if @LANCECASPER is around... I believe he has some good Avidyne experience...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

On the MAP page touch the LAND field and turn the knob to add all detail. Do the same with the NAV field,

I was up flying with @Matt Ward yesterday and we did all that. We even went into the map setup and turned everything up to max distance and altitude. Still no Bravo, Charlie, or Delta rings on the map display.

7 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I was up flying with @Matt Ward yesterday and we did all that. We even went into the map setup and turned everything up to max distance and altitude. Still no Bravo, Charlie, or Delta rings on the map display.

Sounds like corrupt data or software. Avidyne Tech Support is good on the phone

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Baker Avionics said:

I am going to invite Gary Reeves to this group and hopefully he will join.  He is a good friend and phenomenal source for all of us.  What do you think Anthony?

Gary is awesome. I've taken a couple of his classes and he did my last Flight Review and IPC.