Hangar In San Antonio

jax88

Thats too bad....I am surprised that airports around the area arent building more.  If there are that many people needing hangars they should build them.  How much could a T hangar cost to build?  Plus they last a very very long time with very little maintance.  In addition they would be a constant source of revenue.  If someone built the 25 hangars and charged 250 per month it would bring in 75K per year.  After a few years they would pay for themselves. 

Have you looked into building your own?  I have seen estimates of around $15.00 per sq ft.  I figure that for around 500K you can build 25 T-hangars and at 250 per month you will have the initial investment paid off in 6.5 years.  The townships/airport owners should build some.  I know when I was TDY there I had no luck finding one.  What about out at Zhuel?  Not sure what the land costs or if someone would be willing to rent a hangar to you.  I landed out there a few times....not terrible.  Not sure what it is like when it is wet.