Anyone here get assigned genetic ifr squawk 1000

RobertGary1

I’ve heard some pilots talking about some areas doing this now. It makes sense since atc already has our unique n number from mode s. We just got a bulletin in cap to check the flight ID before flight in the g1000 before each flight and it only makes sense if atc sees that  

-Robert

I think this is a great example of a natural bias... expecting to see one thing, and not noticing it being incorrect...

So few people have laughed at Siri’s change of spelling....

It says Genetic... when we all know Generic was meant...

I didn’t notice, until I got to Lance’s post... when I knew what I missed...

Any Mooneys flying in Russia yet?

The first signs of positive change.... Levi’s and Pepsi were everywhere... :)

Mooneys in Cuba were pretty exciting...

@tmo is pretty close to that area...

Best regards,

-a-

I recall the squawk 2000 being the IFR equivalent of 7000 under VFR; 7000 is the ICAO code for VFR when no other code has been assigned, US uses 1200. Never been assigned 1000. Wikipedia lists 1000 as "Non-discrete mode A code reserved use in Mode S radar/ADS-B environment where the aircraft identification will be used to correlate the flight plan instead of the mode A code" - so for practical purposes in Poland it would be the same as "2000" under IFR and 7000 under VFR - our ATC say that with mode S they see the aircraft callsign and there is no need for discrete codes to be assigned. On local flights in uncontrolled airspace I don't even check in with them, unless I want something, just squawk 7000 / mode S and they will call me if they have something for me (usually close traffic).

I've always liked Coke better than Pepsi, but you are correct, Pepsi was "somewhat available" during communist times (made locally under license), whereas Coke was a luxury good, always imported.

This is more space than aviation, but there was this joke going around, that during one of the lunar missions the US crew ran into the Soviet crew on the lunar orbit, and the radio transmissions went something like this:

Apollo 69: Houston, Soviet crew is landing on the moon, what are our instructions?

Houston: Remain in orbit and wait.

A69: The Soviet crew is painting the moon surface red (Soviet flag), what are our  instructions?

H: Remain in orbit and wait.

A69: The Soviet crew painted the whole moon red and departed, what are our instructions?

H: Land, get out a bucket of white paint, and write "Coca Cola".

ps. Cuba is pretty far away from Poland, Italy or any former Soviet Republics - more likely to follow FAA rules :)

• Like 1

I got 1000 twice while asking for pop-up IFR (I was VFR) and then shortly after I get reassigned another code while they got the FPL and clearance, I have no idea what ATC were cooking with it, I just do as I was told :lol:

GeeBee story is different, Milan control or Milan information will just give the same squawk (4612?) to anyone flying under their watch: basically any VFR/IFR flying with FPL or without in some geographic area and listening to some frequencies, don’t ask me why they do so...

Edited by Ibra