Long range tanks

garuda

• 1 month later...

Welcome aboard Keith!

For @garuda there are four or five well known shops around the country that perform this service... you might want to mention where you are at... somebody could probably tell you who to call...

Kind of how MS works... Crowd knowledge is tremendous, yet challenging... :)

Give some help, get a whole bunch back....

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, Gagarin said:

Thanks for all the good wishes. Still recovering from a stroke two years ago. As soon I am better I will be back on business doing tank kits. Wish you all Merry Xmas.

Jose

Hang in there Jose have a great holiday 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Keith!

For @garuda there are four or five we’ll know shops around the country that perform this service... you might want to mention where you are at... somebody could probably tell you who to call...

Kind of how MS works... Crowd knowledge is tremendous, yet challenging... :)

Give some help, get a whole bunch back....

Best regards,

-a-

I am in africa.

Do you mean shops than can install a kit that they will have to order from monroyaero or that they might have in stock ? 

Obviously if a shop has one available, then it is more interested in installing the kit than simply selling it. But I am prepared to compensate for this.

16 minutes ago, MisfitSELF said:

Can someone post a link to a discussion on to these long range tanks in general? -- you know, pros, cons, where to install -- all of that...

The con is they cost mooney. The reality is they dont affect anything that changes the drag of the wing. Its just an extension inside the wing that adds about 30 gallons give or take on each model. Once they're in there, its like having the wetwings, but inside a larger part of the wing, and with 4 fuel caps instead of 2.

Just now, Niko182 said:

The con is they cost mooney. The reality is they dont affect anything that changes the drag of the wing. Its just an extension inside the wing that adds about 30 gallons give or take on each model. Once they're in there, its like having the wetwings, but inside a larger part of the wing, and with 4 fuel caps instead of 2.

Ok, this isn't exactly what I asked for.  I know this is discussed at length in another thread....I just want the link to the thread so I'm not completely hi-jacking this one.  I tried the search function but I couldn't find what I was looking for.  Give me the link to the thread, please.

1 minute ago, MisfitSELF said:

Ok, this isn't exactly what I asked for.  I know this is discussed at length in another thread....I just want the link to the thread so I'm not completely hi-jacking this one.  I tried the search function but I couldn't find what I was looking for.  Give me the link to the thread, please.

Plug this in google,

monroy tanks site:mooneyspace.com

Thatll give you all the links to the threads. There are about 5 to 10 of them sp figured this would work better.

• Like 1