Aerofusion Fuel Additive: Any Experience?

Jeff_S

Glen,

Since it is your first time at MooneySpace, first of all, welcome to the board.

Take a look around at some of the threads here.  You will find that the type of product being discussed requests facts or links to documents that support the product being discussed. Often there is disclosure if there is financial interest in the product.  You can look up (search) avblend, prist or other oils as examples.

You can also find a thread or two that allows you to introduce yourself.

Sorry for the rude awakening.  They didn't single you out in particular, it was the lack of facts or details in your first post that made it difficult to separate a competent product user from a snake oil salesman.

You can believe there is plenty of snake oil available in aviation.  

As for my avatar, I didn't have to sneak into the airport to get that picture, they let me in....

Going to stick around?  Not everybody does.  

I am seriously interested in how you measured the performance improvement of the fuel additive.

Best regards,

-a-

This guy is NOT legitimate.  He slams Mooney pilots in response to digs.  I believe you are giving credence to a snake oil salesman with motives beyond "user experience".  I DID single him out in particular.  I will simply disregard future posts on this link as it's clear what is going on...to most anyway.

Quote: carusoam

Glen,

Since it is your first time at MooneySpace, first of all, welcome to the board.

Take a look around at some of the threads here.  You will find that the type of product being discussed requests facts or links to documents that support the product being discussed. Often there is disclosure if there is financial interest in the product.  You can look up (search) avblend, prist or other oils as examples.

You can also find a thread or two that allows you to introduce yourself.

Sorry for the rude awakening.  They didn't single you out in particular, it was the lack of facts or details in your first post that made it difficult to separate a competent product user from a snake oil salesman.

You can believe there is plenty of snake oil available in aviation.  

As for my avatar, I didn't have to sneak into the airport to get that picture, they let me in....

Going to stick around?  Not everybody does.  

I am seriously interested in how you measured the performance improvement of the fuel additive.

Best regards,

-a-

Keith sent the MSDS to me this morning (apparently they need to clear it with their attorneys)...looks pretty benign. The attached screenshot is of composition section. Magnesium Carboxylates have been used as fuel additives for years. Hydrocarbon Resin???  That could be a lot of things... Enjoy! 

post-9614-13468140626979_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Catalyst for Improving the Combustion Efficiency  

of Petroleum Fuels in Diesel Engines 

Walter R. May, SFA International, Inc., Houston, Texas, U.S.A. 

and 

Edward A. Hirs, III, FuelSpec Chemicals LLC., Houston, Texas, U.S.A. 

Presented to the 11

th

Diesel Engine Emissions Reduction Conference 

August 21-25, 2005, Chicago, IL 

Abstract 

In 1996 an oil-soluble organo-metallic iron combustion catalyst was developed for use in 

Siemens-Westinghouse 501 D-5 104 MW combustion turbine engines.  The product also 

included oil-soluble magnesium to reduce  vanadium deposits and corrosion.  This 

product resulted in significant reduction of smoke in the exhaust of engines operating in 

steady state and non-equilibrium start-up conditions.  The overall effects were greater 

than predicted from the literature. 

We extended this work to steam boilers and compression-ignited reciprocating engines.  

We have found that the iron-magnesium catalyst when added to Diesel and heavy fuel oil 

supplies, promotes complete and more efficient combustion in the engine, resulting in 

increased power, improved fuel economy and radically reduced smoke emission.  Certain 

metals, including Mn, Fe, Cu, Ba, Ce and Pt, are known to have catalytic activity in 

combustion processes.  The iron-magnesium combination acts synergistically to give  

greater activity than expected. 

This paper presents data from tests conducted by a combustion turbine engine 

manufacturer and customer, a government testing laboratory and independent fleet tests.  

A mechanism for the catalysis is proposed. 

Earlier papers presented on this subject are available from the SFA International web site 

at www.SFAInternational.com.

Initial Application in Combustion Turbines 

In 1996, Siemens Westinghouse began start-up of a new power plant at Hanwha Energy 

in Inchon, Korea.  There were initially three model 501 D5 104 MW combustion turbines 

with nine more in process of installation.  The economics of the plant were based on use 

May, W. R. and Ramdas, R., “Catalyst for Improving the Combustion Efficiency of Diesel Fuesl”, 

th

Annual India Oil & Gas Review Symposium, Mumbai, India, Sept. 9-10, 2002. 

May, W. R., “Catalyst for Improving the Combustion Efficiency of Petroleum Fuels”, Technical 

Exchange Meeting, Aramco Engineering Services, Research and Development Center, Dhahran, 

Saudi Arabia, April 28-30, 2003.

AR6200 Multi Fuel

AR6200-16.jpgAR6200%20FrontCombustionCatalystNOSIZE.jAR6200-8.jpg

AR6200 Combustion Catalysis and Burn Modifier 

AR6200 was developed at Bell Laboratories with oil-soluble organometallic compounds of iron and other materials to address fuel challenges not adequately addressed at the refinery. It has been engineered to increase the surface area of fuel droplets, and lower the ignition point (up to 400ºF) starting the burn at a lower temperature to yield more BTU’s from the combustion process.

Improved combustion efficiency decreases fuel usage, yields added horsepower and torque, and significantly reduces waste emissions.

AR6200 has been formulated for use in all fuel types including gasoline, diesel fuels, heating oil, 2-cycle, and heavy oils like bunker fuel. It is completely soluble in fuel oils and can be added directly to bulk storage to maintain and/or restore fuel efficiency.

FEATURES / BENEFITS

·         Increases available BTU yield

·         J1321 testing documented MPG improvement over 5%

·         Reduces harmful emissions CO, NOx, SO, SO2, & HC.

·         Separates water from fuel

·         Controls bacteria growth in fuel

·         Prevents sludge build-up

·         Separates pre-existing solids in the fuel

·         Lubricates the fuel system

·         Cleans the fuel system of built up carbon and varnish

·         Inhibits corrosion, protects key systems

·         Prevents catalytic oxidation

·         EPA registered  #13720012

·         Contains no alcohol

·         Restores and maintains fuel integrity for 20+ years

·         Concentrated- one ounce treats 80 gallons

·         Increase horsepower, torque, and fuel economy

·         Non-hazardous

·         Can be flown nationally and internationally

AR6200 contains a dispersant to stabilize and maintain fuel in storage. Fuel oils repolymerize as soon as they are refined. Polymerization forms submicronic particles, as the process continues particles become larger and larger agglomerating into a macroscopic sludge that plugs the filters and injectors.

AR6200 disperses existing macroscopic sludge and retards further repolymerzation enabling more efficient combustion.

AR6200 will extend the life of fuel for years, a vital benefit for emergency generator systems.

AR6200's advanced chemistry package also includes; lubricants to protect the injectors and pump, a critical component for today's low lubricity ULSD fuels; a biocide that effectively eliminates a broad spectrum of microorganisms; a corrosion inhibitor to protect key systems; detergents to maintain clean lines, filters and atomizers; and a demulsifier to separate accumulated water.

AR6200 is already in use worldwide in a wide array of applications including transportation fleets, furnaces, ships, mining equipment, power plants, generators, etc. It is the singular fuel treatment for addressing the limitations of today's fuel products.

USAGE INSTRUCTIONS

Initial 3 dosages at 1oz per 40 gals. 1 gal for 5000 gal.

Ongoing dosages at 1oz per 80 gals or 1 gal per 10,000 gals for gas, diesel,
LP gas and natural gas.

For bunker fuel and heating oil treat 1oz per 40 gals.,1 gal per 5000 gals.

In more contaminated systems use initial dosage rates until cleaned out.

For 2 cycle 1oz per 40 gallons

RETAIL PACKAGING:  

8 oz bottle

16 oz. bottle

32 oz. bottle

• 1 month later...

Just received the latest Aviation Consumer today, and it has an article on AeroFusion.  In short: it doesn't work, it isn't FAA accepted, and the bottle they bought appeared to have contaminants that shouldn't have been present.  No change in airspeed, climb rate, fuel consumption, EGT, or CHT.  None of the alleged people who left the alleged testimonials on the AeroFusion web site were willing to talk with AvConsumer either (which leads me to suspect the testimonials were/are fraudulent, but I could certainly be wrong).  No big surprise.