Aerofusion Fuel Additive: Any Experience?

Jeff_S

I ran across a web ad from Aircraft Spruce, touting a fuel additive called Aerofusion that promises miraculous results with cleaner engines, greater fuel efficiency and water-scrubbing properties. I'd never heard of it before so I went to the website:

http://www.aerofusion.com

What I saw was some hyped up marketing speak, and the usual testimonials by people who wouldn't give their last name but clearly think this product is the answer to all their problems.

What I didn't see was any real test results with adequate documentation, or any mention that this had been approved or at least acknowledged as "not harmful" by a reputable source.

Has anybody out there actually tried it? Any experiences or thoughts to share? Man, if this stuff works as advertised, I can add it to my fuel tank, coupled with the AvBlend I put in the oil and I may never need to buy a spark plug again! (Truth in advertising: I do use AvBlend based on the recommendation of Jerry Manthey...can't tell for sure if I've seen any benefits, but I do know that I went 23 hours on my last oil change before adding just one quart to get it back to 7 quarts on the stick.)

Jerry's a nice guy, but I think avBlend is snake oil...or rather just mineral oil (>99% see below) with blue dye in it. I can't see anything that suggests it's anything more than hype...

http://www.zmax.com/documents/msds_105_avblend.pdf

As for Aerofusion, They do not offer an MSDS, though I've requested one. I also inquired about FAA approval.

If I hear back, I'll let you know.

I find it funny it was developed by a pilot with a BS in Chemistry (or at least he attended college) and he is wearing an airline uniform although he never flew for a living at all.  

Wow, it burns less fuel, goes farther, faster, and runs cooler to boot!   Amazing

It's the new "nano technology" version of all the different pills, pellets and magnets to put in your car and boost the mileage. You know, the ones that the auto mfr's and oil companies are suppressing to uphold their profits? Note the extensive list of things that can cause variation in its effect--he lists everything except "this does nothing." But how can you not trust something that was "developed by the military"?

Wonder what testing was done? He says it was tested, but not how or to what standards. The MSDS section just says it is safe to ship; most reputable manufacturers will put the actual MSDS form there . . .

If I use this for the plane, and buy Dr. Carter's Cure-All Liver Pills, can I then just skip over things like engine overhaul and medical exams? Cool  Or should I dose myself and the plane with MMO, just to be safe?

Quote: KSMooniac

Keep In Mind:

In most case the results will be immediate, however occasionally it can take some time for the full effects of AEROFUSION to be realized. Please be patient with the process.

* Results can vary depending on total engine time, aircraft age, temperature conditions, barometric variations, proper maintenance and other factors. Some aircraft will take longer to show positive results than others because of pre-existing deposit build-up.

Just like the ads for gasoline that "cleans deposits from intake valves, robbing you of power".    I have torn down many fuel injected engines, and never saw a vlave covered in a blob of deposits.  its all hype and fear, over something that does not exist.   It does not exist. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using this additive in my plane since July, this is the 2nd bottle I purchased and enjoying a noticeable increases in the fuel efficiency and the shorter take off distances. I was a skeptical as anyone and while researching this stuff found that General Electric (G.E) just sank millions into a patent for almost the same product, not to sure if they also think this is a type of "snake Oil" but I doubt it.

This liquid isn't anything like pills or magnets and there is a lot of extensive testing results in these US patent results for a Magnesium based fuel catalyst out there if anyone is interested.

glenn, Troll Central called, they want you to try harder to shill the product.  Provide some data on your second post ever, or go away permanently.  I think you are a shill for Aerofusion, and a poorly paid version at that.

First time I ever chimed in on a forum, not sure what a "shill" or a "troll" is ....someone asked a question and I answered truthfully,

I am very dissapointed that so called pilots as yourselves actually speak this way to other pilots, this has always been a professional group, people like yourselves give pilots and expecially Mooney owners a bad name.

For these pictures under your names, I believe most of you snuck into the airport and posed for a picture at the closest aircraft, go back to playing on your video games and let important discussion up to the adult.

Quote: glennfly

I have been using this additive in my plane since July, this is the 2nd bottle I purchased and enjoying a noticeable increases in the fuel efficiency and the shorter take off distances.

Quote: glennfly

First time I ever chimed in on a forum, not sure what a "shill" or a "troll" is ....someone asked a question and I answered truthfully,

I am very dissapointed that so called pilots as yourselves actually speak this way to other pilots, this has always been a professional group, people like yourselves give pilots and expecially Mooney owners a bad name.

For these pictures under your names, I believe most of you snuck into the airport and posed for a picture at the closest aircraft, go back to playing on your video games and let important discussion up to the adult.