Looking for trim tab replacement plastic

TravelVeteran

This thread from 2017 - 2019 explored several repair/replacement avenues, including a new part from Mooney.  My ‘63 C has a metal trim panel, I’d search all the regular salvage places (Loewen Mooney Salvage) to start, to see if one of those is available.  Might be a needle in the haystack...  The placard is in stock at Aerographics.

• Like 1

No promises, but you should call Plane Plastics.  They may not have the part listed in their catalog, but there's a good chance they have it or can make it.  That's what happened to me when I needed a speaker cover, which also wasn't listed in their catalog.  When I called, the lady I spoke to knew exactly what I needed and got it made (they had the mold).  Bonus: it wasn't even very expensive ($150 or so).

• Like 2

What Andy95W said. Plane Plastics has molds for many other parts besides the approved ones in their catalogs. They are manufactured as an "owner-produced part" instead of under a PMA. Remember the owner produced part rules are for parts you, the owner, manufacture or cause to be manufactured. To do this, you have to send your old part in to get a replacement, but they do send the old part back. FAA rules on this I suppose.

I got three speaker covers as well, they were an "unapproved" part (meaning no PMA). Only sent one in and got it back, plus two to install and one spare.

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2020 at 8:59 PM, RLCarter said:

image.thumb.jpeg.76597cddf567ffa47b2eee4903628894.jpeg

I got all the plastics to cover the nose wheel well from Plane Plastics a few years back

This the same piece? https://vantageassoc.com/mooney-m20-k740054-503-407.html

2 hours ago, TravelVeteran said:

This the same piece?

Don’t think so, I called them and asked for my year and model, they didn’t show on their website. They didn’t have them in stock but they did have the forms, took less than a week to get them in hand