Is Mooney corp still a thing?

Jim Peace

Forgive me but with all the changes in Mooney I can honestly say I have no idea if they are still in business or not. 

If they are not a "thing" then how do Mooney Service Centers get quality control from the mother ship.

If there are new owners do they come to this site, maybe I overlooked their posts....I dont check this section too often

26 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

Forgive me but with all the changes in Mooney I can honestly say I have no idea if they are still in business or not. 

If they are not a "thing" then how do Mooney Service Centers get quality control from the mother ship.

If there are new owners do they come to this site, maybe I overlooked their posts....I dont check this section too often

Lots of money in parts. There have been brief times of parts slow downs but even when Mooney hasn’t been making planes someone has still wanted to run the money making parts business. 

-Robert 

2 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

I am an owner of a 2019.  
Their warranty service for me has been borderline. They help but it isnt unusual to go a week or two without a response to a direct question or problem.  
I have been waiting on a replacement part under warranty for about a month now with no date, in spite of me asking directly for information, and them telling me it was available and being shipped immediately.  
I do believe it will come, but there is seemingly no sense of urgency and what appears to be severe apathy.  At least with regard to communication. 
It is hard to say how much is just a function of aviation in general, and how much is mooney. 
It is a bizarre business.
I believe it’s mostly just the lopsided leverage owners and operators face.

Factories, vendors and shops basically do what they want, what are you going to do?  
I would say at best there is really very little incentive for me to ever purchase a new plane again.  
i would rather have no expectation of warranty.  At least that way you know what you’re getting into. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

9 hours ago, Schllc said:

I am an owner of a 2019.  
Their warranty service for me has been borderline. They help but it isnt unusual to go a week or two without a response to a direct question or problem.  
I have been waiting on a replacement part under warranty for about a month now with no date, in spite of me asking directly for information, and them telling me it was available and being shipped immediately.  

What part are you waiting for?

Comparison to 2006 the company was trying to get back on its feet after another few miserable years, I purchased a 2005 BravoGx from Premiere Aircraft in Ft Lauderdale along with the notion of not paying for maintenance for awhile due to the warranty.

As it turned out the company and MSC’s actually were very responsive to my issues pertaining to warranty items. As I approached 500 hours they replaced the turbo when apparently it would be fine with normal servicing. 
Both Premiere and Weber aircraft took great care of my plane during the warranty period. Weber continues to do a great job on my aircraft. Every few years I go down to DMAX for my annual just to get another look at my plane. Both DMAX and Weber have been excellent companies to work with, although my primary maintenance facility has been Weber Aircraft.

The Mooney company so far has not let me down now 15 years later.

• Like 1

There are a lot of very good people doing everything they can to continue the Mooney brand in very tough times for General Aviation. They have great plans and will do their best to execute and become a vibrant company once again. We would all be well served to do what we can to support their efforts and the efforts of the service centers to be able to be there for us when needed. Kevin, Stacey, Barry, Steve, Jonny, Misty, Paul and all of the team still working their butts off deserve our appreciation and support along with the great service centers that will continue to be able to support our fleet and needs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

Jim, 

I am a tone guy.  I am a timing guy.  I don’t view in a vacuum.  I find your post mildly offensive.  Maybe you should call a Mooney Service Center and speak with the owner?  Report back.  If you don’t come to a Mooney-centric site section “too often” maybe read a bit before dropping such a provocative post?  Unless it is exactly what you WANTED to do with your thread/post?  If that is the case then pffffft...

11 hours ago, Schllc said:

I am an owner of a 2019.  
I do believe it will come, but there is seemingly no sense of urgency and what appears to be severe apathy.  At least with regard to communication. 
It is hard to say how much is just a function of aviation in general, and how much is mooney. 
It is a bizarre business.
I believe it’s mostly just the lopsided leverage owners and operators face.

Factories, vendors and shops basically do what they want, what are you going to do?  
I would say at best there is really very little incentive for me to ever purchase a new plane again.  
i would rather have no expectation of warranty.  At least that way you know what you’re getting into. 

This post and several others tell me what I need to know...about the poster...NOT Mooney.  Thanks for the insight.

17 minutes ago, Missile=Awesome said:

This post and several others tell me what I need to know...about the poster...NOT Mooney.  Thanks for the insight.

Sounds to me you have financial interest in Mooney corp,,,or you just harbor unhealthy passion that should be reserved for people and not a machine.....tells me what I need to know about you.....

• Like 2

Happy to be one of “those”.  Interested in Mooney being successful ONLY because I own and fly the brand and wish to have continued support.  Do I take “mild offense” at beaters of the brand that are also owners and operators?  YUP, guilty as charged.  I will own THAT moniker all damn day every day.

• Like 1

I don’t think I was beating the brand.  I love my mooney, and I have loved every one I have had.  I am 100% supportive, donate considerably to this forum as well as MAPA.  I am also a big advocate to my peers and anyone who will listen to convert all I can to mooniacs. 
I also am aware that what I am getting from the factory, I am lucky to get.  They had no obligation to help me with the state of the company, and the challenges they face. 

The poster asked what mooney was today, and I was honest about my experience. 
If someone disagrees with my opinion I can handle that, but I’m not wrong, because what I conveyed is factual.   If anyone has a problem with the truth that’s really not my concern. 

That being said, and in all fairness, I should mention that as a result of this thread, the CFO of Mooney called me today to discuss my dilemma and as I stated before, I’m confident it will get addressed. Even more so now. 
I’m waiting on a broken window. It’s been replaced once before and broke again in the exact same spot. It was confirmed again to be “in stock”, but was told they are waiting on some other items needed for install to ship. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Schllc said:

That being said, and in all fairness, I should mention that as a result of this thread, the CFO of Mooney called me today to discuss my dilemma and as I stated before, I’m confident it will get addressed. Even more so now. 
I’m waiting on a broken window. It’s been replaced once before and broke again in the exact same spot. It was confirmed again to be “in stock”, but was told they are waiting on some other items needed for install to ship. 

Congratulations!  Let's give the factory folks all the positive support we can!!!  Patience is in order too. 

As I’ve previously stated,  this new bunch of Mooney folks could not be a more perfect fit for the Mooney brand!

They’re not just a bunch of suits.  They are people passionate about the Mooney brand and the Mooney legacy.

They are Mooney owners, Mooney pilots, Mooney airplane support business (s?), etc.

I call it the Mooney Dreamteam! :)

It’s the best opportunity to come along for Mooney in a very longtime. 

As Jonny has asked for...... patience please.

Go Mooney! :D

• Like 5