Vz Presentation is Available in Downloads

testwest

Hi everyone

Since the Mooney Summit was cancelled, I did the Vz presentation I was planning to give at that venue for the local EAA Chapter in Spruce Creek, FL instead. I recorded the video and audio as a "virtual" Keynote (Apple version of Powerpoint). It is in the Safety and Techniques section in Downloads, above.

448391543_ScreenShot2020-10-24at8_28_45PM.thumb.png.555a02a5b1dfbb57caeede7a555c3f19.png

This is a presentation of the concept of Vz, an efficient climb profile for small airplanes. This was my 2012 Master's in Aviation Science Capstone Project (thesis, basically) for Embry-Riddle, and it was judged as one of the top two Capstone projects submitted for the entire year for the worldwide campus. Vz was the subject of much discussion on Mooneyspace a number of years ago, and I was finally able to record an updated video of the presentation. TRT 57 minutes with narration. There are numerous animations and some video in this Keynote presentation which will play as a movie on most computers, hopefully. If someone needs a higher resolution version I can arrange to Dropbox it to you, the hi-rez is about 3.8 gigabytes. Mooneyspace members are free to utilize this video in virtual meetings or EAA chapter functions as they see fit. Special thanks to Scott Sellmeyer @KSMooniacwho was the first subject of the flight test portion of this project. You will see him flying his Mooney 201 briefly in the video.

Looking forward to feedback!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, testwest said:

I may upload a higher resolution version of this, but it might be 800mb or more, wondering what the tolerance for download file size is.....

I have no idea whether there is a size limit on MS uploads, but the video could definitely benefit from higher resolution - the charts are quite pixelated and hard to read (your narration is great and very clear, but the charts themselves are hard to make out).

TBH, if you have the storage available, it might be nice to have a high-res cloud storage link option that could be streamed.  It took a few minutes to download this low-res version from MS on gigabit internet, and I suspect that the 800mb version could be closer to 10 minutes.

OK, everyone, thanks for the feedback. I am uploading two better versions of this presentation. One is a 1080p resolution (called Introducing Vz - Medium Rez), it is 2.4GB though, so caution if you are bandwidth limited. And the other one (Introducing Vz - Medium Low Rez) is 1.26GB at 720. These should be a lot better than the small web version, which was really too pixelated to be useful. Just waiting on the moddies to approve.

Sorry for being too gun shy on the bandwidth, I remember when a 9600 baud modem was a hot ticket.

If someone wants to blast their monthly bandwidth budget, the full resolution version of the presentation, at 3.5GB, can be downloaded at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn8vn07b605wlo0/Capto_Capture%202020-10-13_11-00-11_PM.mp4?dl=0

Let me know how it works!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, testwest said:

If someone wants to blast their monthly bandwidth budget, the full resolution version of the presentation, at 3.5GB, can be downloaded at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn8vn07b605wlo0/Capto_Capture 2020-10-13_11-00-11_PM.mp4?dl=0

Let me know how it works!

Works great.  Dropbox player loads immediately and allows playing in browser.  So yeah, it's a way bigger download, but you don't notice so much since you're watching the presentation while it happens :)

9 hours ago, testwest said:

Bump, 20 downloads so far!

Soon to be 21 downloads...

Thanks, Norman!

If the download is a form of video...

One successful way of sharing it that people have used... is through YouTube...

Post in YouTube, copy link here... YouTube does the heavy lifting, matching hardware capabilities to your source...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1