unreadable log entries

So one interesting thing about our bird is that when it was re-imported back to the states, it got a "scuff and shoot" paint job, not a full strip and repaint.  When it's washed and waxed to maximum shiny-ness (which still doesn't make it a looker, but it's a workhorse, not a show plane), you can actually see the contours of the old "DR" registration identifier on the wing.

Thanks for the translations, folks.  I can figure most of it out from context, but never bothered to look line-by-line.  As one might expect with a brand new airplane, there is nothing really of note in those early logs: just oil changes, air filters, and normal inspections.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, gsxrpilot said:

I just did my Commercial check ride and the DPE warned me that he would spend time going through the log books for the airplane prior to the Oral portion of the test. He said they were the best organized, easiest to read logs he'd ever seen. The AD list was separate and organized in such a way that you could see the whole AD situation in just a glance. 

My Cherokee logbooks were like that.  The ones for my Mooney are a mess.  One of the days I'll take the time to get them into some kind of shape.  One of these days.  Yeah, right.

• 2 weeks later...

I have transcribed all the logbook entries from the airframe logbooks into a spreadsheet.   Really handy to send that to the shop at annual time.  Also interesting to plot TTAF vs. date.  Note some gaps when some prior owner did not keep the books up.   The steeper part at the end- that's me.

TTAF_vs_date.png

• Like 1