New mooney pilot... M20J at 9X1

dominikos

Not sure what the proper etiquette is, just wanted to introduce myself as a new mooney pilot... Just recently (last Friday) acquired this beautiful plane - M20J ‘78. About myself, been wanting to become a pilot since I was a kid, uncle was a plane constructor and always was talking about planes when I was growing up. Started to work on private in 2012, put it on hold due to work and with covid, got enough time to complete my private at the end of September. Currently have 100 hours, completed 12 hours in the plane with Krikor (awesome CFI - mooneycfi.com). Really like this plane! It is much more stable and predictable than the other planes I flew (C172, C152, Grumman Cheetah). Looking forward to learning about mooneys at this forum. 

The first priority, take a look at pesky oil leak, 2nd build up enough hours (20) in the Mooney to be able to take passengers, 3rd, instrument rating...

And here is a picture of the plane at Mustang Island, weekend flight around the texas coast...

6AFDDEB1-B58C-472A-A562-3FD75A64433F.jpeg

Edited by dominikos
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, dominikos said:

hehe, it looks great. still amazed at quality of mine as well... but you said ‘hello paint job’ :)

I was saying hello to your paint job, on behalf of my paint job. Lol

I’m strongly considering a cut, polish, and ceramic. It’s still in pretty good shape