Flap slave cylinder

Is there an easy way to get to this? I can't find any pictures. My mechanic and I got the flap pump out and sent to Dan at LASAR. My flaps were stuck in the down position. When we bled the lines, we found brass in the fluid. Is the slave just O rings do replace?

Thanks

1968 M20C

1 hour ago, Rjfanjet said:

Is there an easy way to get to this? I can't find any pictures. My mechanic and I got the flap pump out and sent to Dan at LASAR. My flaps were stuck in the down position. When we bled the lines, we found brass in the fluid. Is the slave just O rings do replace?

Thanks

1968 M20C

If it was easy, it wouldn’t be a Mooney!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rjfanjet said:

Thanks! I have the parts manual,  assume I just have to take off the belly panel to get to it.

These two panels, unless you have a one-piece belly panel and the original riveted panel was removed.  

Don’t loose any of the washers centering the forward end of the actuator in the mount.

Sabermech posted a picture of the belly access with the one-piece belly panel.  THAT’S the way to go.

image.jpeg

2553F2E9-3928-4365-AD7C-6087F79579F5.jpeg

Edited by 47U
Additional info.

On 10/17/2020 at 9:31 PM, Rjfanjet said:

Thanks

1968 M20C

On 10/18/2020 at 8:15 AM, M20Doc said:

Assuming that your maintainer doesn’t have manuals for your plane.

D6AF6262-FA2C-4ACA-9386-0F5BFAE16B4C.jpeg

I have a 65 M20C and had a similar experience. 

Theres another schematic that shows all the access panels. (I dont have the drawing on hand but I could find it for the exact number panel)

If you go under the plan on the passenger side right under the front passenger seat, thats the access panel for the flap pump. (On this drawing thats shared, part 1 located near "cabin tubular structure ref".

Remember your oil for your flaps is also the oil for your brakes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 9:31 PM, Rjfanjet said:

Thanks

1968 M20C

Brass in the fluid?  Any clue on where it came from?  I don’t remember any brass anything in my system.