Introduction and Coast to Coast Mooney Trip

Terraplane

Well, after being a longtime lurker on MS, I felt like it was time to introduce myself, and share my latest 2 part Mooney adventure.

I’m 26 and based out of eastern New Mexico. I have been flying for around 3 years, and after owning a Tri-Pacer for a couple years,I stepped up to a 75 M20E in December and absolutely love it. Ive managed to put nearly 100 hours on it since, and have had more than a few great flying adventures in it already, to include attending the West Coast Mooney Club’s summer conference is Oregon and landing at the pacific coast in August, as well as flying to and landing at Kitty Hawk, NC last month,  along with shooting some approaches at unfamiliar airports and experiencing my first in-flight emergency along the way, I have definitely racked up many memories and gained much experience in my short few months of Mooney ownership! Looking forward to many years to come!

Keane Brown

B12B00DC-69CC-4E28-941C-4122EE3F511F.jpeg

B39073E8-8A7D-436C-B6E6-BDAF8A0FE8C3.jpeg

B1EF66FD-EEDD-4585-B100-3E65BD299C5E.jpeg

CA7719FD-38EF-4E2A-AF29-C7FA4E42C023.jpeg

AF51024B-2673-47BF-8784-ED75DA898611.png

• Like 5

23 hours ago, 4cornerflyer said:

Way to make good use of the new Mooney Keane. 

What was your emergency?

Jon at FMN

Well, to make a long story shorter, on the last leg home,  I had a pitot tube blockage and then lost power to a cylinder shortly after reaching my cruise altitude. However, I was able to land very quickly at a nearby airport and get the problem resolved a few hours later, which turned out to be a clogged injector.

I thought I might try to go into more detail about it in a later post, as it was a serious and strenuous in-flight situation, and I feel that some of the experience and lessons I learned from it might be beneficial to others. There were definitely some takeaways from it for me and a couple of things I could potentially done better to handle it, although turned out fine.