Dry Lease / Rental Wanted: NJ/PA

paulsalem

I'm not too particular.  Just want to be able to take the airplane every now and again for family trips for a few days every now and again.  Maybe take my son up for 30 mins, a few times per month.

I had a similar arrangement with a gentleman in his PA-28-235 but it's now in pre-buy.  I helped him offset some fixed costs and paid hourly for use of the aircraft.  He wasn't able to fly it as much as it needed so it seemed to be a win-win situation.

We're looking at buying a house in the next 6ish months so I don't want to buy at this time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

How does the insurance on that work? On my plane I can add pilots as named but I’m prohibited from renting it out without an additional $4,000/yr jn insurance. 

-Robert 

I was added as named insured on the policy. They didn't have a problem with it said it was more of a partnership as we were just sharing costs essentially. 

3 hours ago, geoffb said:

So you can let a named insured fly your plane and he's covered, but if have some sort of arrangement to pay something it becomes a rental and there's an insurance hit?

Depends on your policy. Some insurers permit a limited number of private rentals under the basic policy. I've been the beneficiary of that a few times.