Garmin Pilot 10.2.5 Safe Taxi diagrams bug

kortopates

Suggest holding off on installing GP 10.2.5 do to this serious bug. Go to any airport page and select the Safe Taxi diagrams and you'll see it bring up the wrong diagram for the current airport. If you are a Jepp subscriber, you can instead bring up the Jepp airport diagram and even place it on the map as a workaround. But forget about the right safe taxi diagram popping up on landing.

This update just came out yesterday. They hadn't heard about it till I called after my morning student. No idea when we'll see a fix but support thinks it will need a patch. I also tried deleting and re-installing the airport diagrams first but that didn't make any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I check a couple of local airports I know well, no issues.

Do you have a example?

Yes, thanks for asking. For me, none of my local airports: KSEE, KMYF, KCRQ, KOKB.

Can you give me a couple of yours that works? And confirm you updated to 10.2.5?
Curious what's different that it's working on some. The tech support guy immediately confirmed the issue without trying my local airports - using his home base.

I've found GP support to be pretty responsive, especially if you can walk them thru the steps to reproduce an issue.  Also, like pretty much every other app out there, they typically publish bug fixes not too long after a point release.  That is, unless you're Microsoft.  They let people suffer and blame them for a year or three before admitting there's a bug and supplying a fix.

Yes, thanks for asking. For me, none of my local airports: KSEE, KMYF, KCRQ, KOKB.

Can you give me a couple of yours that works? And confirm you updated to 10.2.5?
Curious what's different that it's working on some. The tech support guy immediately confirmed the issue without trying my local airports - using his home base.

KCRQ was ok, the rest are wrong. KBOW, KFPR both OK for me as well.
  • Like 1

I'm able to reproduce the issue but took switching back and forth between your examples. 

Unfortunately it now seems to happen for most of my airports.

from the behavior, i'd guess something isn't triggering a refresh of the view/model.    good thing you can just zoom in on the map and get almost the same view

• Like 1

An update that some may not be aware of, I just opened my Garmin Pilot.  I did do the i-pad update over the weekend.  An error message in Garmin pilot came up today saying "10.2.5 Safe Taxi Issue.  For some airports, SafeTaxi displays the incorrect diagram in the full screen, split screen and thumbnail views.  SafeTaxi displays correctly on the dynamic maps.  We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.  We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted on a resolution."

Of course, I updated the ios over the weekend when GP said it was okay to do so. :angry:

28 minutes ago, 201Mooniac said:

Garmin just issued the 10.2.6 update which claims to fix the safe taxi issue.  Downloading it now.

Yep, they fixed it this morning with the 10.2.6 update - at least all the ones that I saw problems with are now working again.

That's the fastest fix I ever seen them get out - basically 1 business day since they released the problem 10.2.5 version on Friday, got notified of the issue on Saturday and had the fix released out Monday night or Tuesday morning. I hope their future QA testing of new updates covers this going forward.