Registration Transfer

V1VRV2

Under normal conditions... a couple Of weeks... Covid may have slowed them down a bit...

The result is a temporary pink document should be in your hand...

I got the pink document at home...  David said... put that somewhere safe... so I left it home before I went to bring my plane home...   :)

Somewhere after that, the real printed black and white card arrives...

Either way, I have never showed this document to anyone... yet.

You can always check to see who your plane is registered to...

V1, is your tail number your cruise speed?  :)

https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N191KT

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

5 hours ago, V1VRV2 said:

The FAA received my transfer of registration request about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long the processing time is for transferring registration to new owners? 

Sometimes if they've received it and there's a paperwork glitch it will say "pending", but it doesn't look like it's processed yet.

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=191KT

• Like 1

Was it electronic or paper?

I recently completed finishing two for clients which had been rejected multiple times for problems (the reason I got involved). Turn around time is about a month. Paper filings are quarantined before being opened (looks like 7-10 days), so they take longer.

Edit: 

It's getting longer. I recently received an email on information I sent in August 13. The email, which was dated September 22, said, they received the paper documents August 17 but were working on documents received August 6.

So don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

Under normal conditions... a couple Of weeks... Covid may have slowed them down a bit...

The result is a temporary pink document should be in your hand...

I got the pink document at home...  David said... put that somewhere safe... so I left it home before I went to bring my plane home...   :)

I believe legally you have to keep the pink temporary in the aircraft until the permanent arrives. 

-Robert 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

I believe legally you have to keep the pink temporary in the aircraft until the permanent arrives. 

-Robert 

My question is different. What "pink copy"? :D The FAA went to PDF about 10 years ago. Heck, you can even sign the application digitally these days. I threw out all my remaining three-part-white/green/pink NCR forms years ago. 

But yes, FAR 47.31(c) requires a copy be kept in the airplane and yes, 10 years ago the regulation specified the "pink"  copy be kept in the airplane.

• Like 1

Actually, the bit about going digital is true for the FCC as well, made me chuckle when I printed a PDF I paid $70 (my radio cert) and $250 (the plane's radio cert) to get had a big "Official Copy" overlaid across the whole page. To be rebellious, I printed it on A4 paper instead of letter - and I printed it out twice! ;)

The FAA permanent registration form came in via snail mail; the temp one was a PDF.

Edited by tmo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, midlifeflyer said:

My question is different. What "pink copy"? :D The FAA went to PDF about 10 years ago. Heck, you can even sign the application digitally these days. I threw out all my remaining three-part-white/green/pink NCR forms years ago. 

But yes, FAR 47.31(c) requires a copy be kept in the airplane and yes, 10 years ago the regulation specified the "pink"  copy be kept in the airplane.

Good. That was often the more difficult part of buying a plane. Walking around the airport to see who had the 3 part NCR form. It was the last form that couldn’t be printed on a computer. I ordered 1/2 dozen from the faa to have them around but I have a lot of them out.  

-Robert 

Next the FAA will question why every certificate change must be manually processed by a guy in Oklahoma. The 8710 is electronic. The computer should be able to update the airman database within seconds of passing a checkride not months.  
I remember once getting a new certificate in the mail and totally confused why I was getting it. I’d forgotten I’d added a type rating 3 month prior and never actually got the new cert. 

-Robert

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 7:06 PM, V1VRV2 said:

I submitted the application by mail. I have not received anything back from them. Wondering!

You won't automatically receive anything except (1) the approved permanent registration certificate or (2) a rejection because something was incorrect.

If you get a (2) prepare for the same amount of delay each time you send in the correction paperwork. And, do yourself a favor. If you get a (2) and are not 100% sure the correction is easy (ie, a name was misspelled), get professional advice.

The one I most recently "fixed" was originally filed almost a year and a half earlier, with multiple "corrections" before I became involved. It was an unusually complicated situation, but, at worst, it could have been fixed on the first try. To make matters worse, the prior registration expired in the meantime, so the temporary couldn't be extended.