262 & 252 owners and Throttle cable experts question for TSIO-360-MB

Calling all 262 converts and 252 owners, plus all experts......

i am almost at the end of overhaul install and old throttle cable has to go.  The plan now is to send old cable to McFarlane and have them build a new on.  But thought maybe some other 262 owners might have been through this before.

cable is for an STC MOD Works 262 conversion so the standard 231 cable will not work for the MB engine but not sure if a cable for a 252 will work or if there was a special cable made for the STC conversion.

Thoughts?

Hmmm...

We had a brief discussion on adding the rotating knob for adding the vernier skill...

Whatever the 252 had will be the right one for the 262...

As the only differences are 12 volts vs. 24 volts...

If you send your existing cables to Macfarlane, they can get you the proper length for ease of install...

Are you refreshing the other two control cables as well?

What does the 252 have that your 262 didn’t get when it comes to throttle cables?  Or is it just the MB length issue?

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 weeks later...

I just replaced the throttle cable on M20J due to becoming difficult to operate smoothly. I sent old one to McFarlane Aviation and they built a new one based on specs from old one. Outstanding service. They turned it around in 3 days after receiving old cable. Now very smooth. I did buy their Vernier assist cable. Still getting used to that part of it.

Robert