A New (1965) M20E!

Been lurking here for a while as I navigated the buying process, figured out what I needed, tried to learn what mods I should be looking for (there are a lot!), tried to figure out if I should be looking for a plane with bladders or wet wing, etc etc.

Happy to say that I've found the perfect (for me) M20E! I'm based in Brooklyn but the plane will be based in North Jersey. Right now I'm VFR only, but I plan to pursue my IFR ticket next year, so I'll be on the lookout for the elusive safety pilot.

It has it's quirks, but after one flight I'm hooked and excited for my adventure as a Mooney pilot and owner! And of course, wanted to say thanks for all the helpful information that has been provided on this site.

IMG_3428.JPG

Edited by brentdur
  • Like 3

Welcome aboard, Brent!

When you look out the window... See if you can see @201er around... He’s from Brooklyn too...

Your bird is soooo clean, you can see the speed bumps on the M20E’s cowl, from here... :)

We were discussing these beauty marks the other day... so few planes had them...

Best regards,

-a-