Anyone Installed a Turboplus Intercooler?

Scott H Poms

12 hours ago, Scott H Poms said:

Just purchased a turbo plus intercooler kit and was wondering if anyone has installed one before, any hints or tips tricks a little nervous about cutting the Cowl but seems straightforward on that. Also filling out the pre-install flight data sheet. 

Welcome aboard, Scott!

We have had several installed around MS...

There are some great pics around here.

We also have the @Turboplus guy around here... aka Jeff Shapiro...

If you search on his name, you will find some very informative info he has put in place...

Congrats on asking before cutting...

There are many good pireps regarding the system..

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

An example of a search...  https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Turboplus&quick=1

I had an intercooler and Merlyn wastegate installed last May. I helped the shop install it and can try to answer some of your questions. The shop was more than happy to let me cut the cowl. I'm traveling this week, so if you want to message me this weekend or next week that would work best.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, Scott H Poms said:

Just purchased a turbo plus intercooler kit and was wondering if anyone has installed one before, any hints or tips tricks a little nervous about cutting the Cowl but seems straightforward on that. Also filling out the pre-install flight data sheet. 

Had some great feedback from Jeff Shapiro from TurboPlus and also from member Spistora.  Jeff at Turboplus supplied great support and clearly answered all my questions !  - Thanks for all the great help, I'm halfway there......

• Like 2