20 years a Master CFI

donkaye

I'd like to thank JoAnn Hill, Head Master of Master Instructors LLC (and Sportys for the 20 year Jacket) for putting together the Master's Program.  It's been an honor to participate in it for the past 20 years.  While not easy to qualify, I think it is a worthy goal for Flight Instructors interested in pursuing Excellence in their profession.

Don Kaye MCFI Jacket.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, whiskytango said:

Congratulations!  In addition to the pilots you have trained directly, you have helped many more with your videos that show the proper technique for landing a Mooney!

Very true.  25 years ago I got a checkout in my new to me Mooney with an instructor who didn't know how to land Mooneys.  I was doing lousy landings for 6 months before Don straightened me out in 1 hour.

I have never met Don in person.  I have been to Oshkosh when he was there (I even think we shared the same stage together at the first Mooney forum at Oshkosh), but a crowd seems to follow him wherever he goes. :)  But for someone I have never met in person he has had such a tremendous influence on my flying that I cannot thank him enough.  When I first bought my Mooney over 12 years ago (lost track of when) I was having a very tough time with landings.  My flight instructor who is a Mooney guy (owned a J model for years) was trying his best with me but my landings were not something you would want to talk about.

After about 10 minutes of watching Don's videos on landings, all was corrected.  He is such a good instructor that even long distance through a video he can completely change my habits and make me a better Mooney pilot.  I will always thank him for this.

So, congratulations Don for 20 years and keep up the great work.  And please never stop contributing to this forum.  Your knowledge is priceless.

• Like 1