Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 & No Mooney in Menu

brndiar

Currently downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, but I am sad- there is no Mooney in Menu ....

In last edition there was possible to additionally install M20J....

Strongly hope It will be possible to install in future.

lg,M

Edited by brndiar

Available in Standard Edition / Battle Pass:

• Airbus A320neo
  • Aviat Pitts Special S2S
  • Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
  • CubCrafters XCub
  • Daher TBM 930
  • Diamond DA62
  • Diamond DA40 NG
  • EXTRA 330LT
  • Flight Design CTLS
  • ICON A5
  • JMB VL-
  • Robin CAP 10
  • Robin DR400-100 Cadet
  • Beechcraft Bonanza G36
  • Beechcraft King Air 350i
  • Cessna 152
  • Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000)
  • Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
  • Cessna Citation CJ4
  • Zlin Savage Cub

Exclusive to Deluxe Edition / Premium Deluxe Edition:

• Diamond DA40-TDI
  • Diamond DV20
  • Beechcraft Baron G58
  • Cessna 152 Aerobat
  • Cessna 172 Skyhawk

Exclusive to Premium Deluxe Edition:

• Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
  • Cirrus SR22
  • Pipistrel Virus SW 121
  • Cessna Citation Longitude
  • Zlin Shock Ultra

Carenado provides a M20R for MSFS2020 - at additional cost of course:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mooney-m20r-ovation-review-msfs-2020-by-carenado/280118
Although I have MSFS202 (the graphics are stunning)installed I have not installed at test-flighted it.

As flight simulator I still prefer X-Plane 11.50. IMHO its flight model is still much more realistic..
Several (at least three) M20 models are available as add-on for XP. As a real work M20R GX2 pilot I personally prefer this M20 Collection :
https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/m20-collection-p-162
Still waiting for the RealSimGear G1000 suite to be finally delivered to 
Europe...

Regards,

Matthias

• Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Matthias!

Carenado has done a good job over the years for supplying Mooney planes for the previous MSFS versions...

I’m looking forward to getting things set-up, hopefully with an O3 powered O1 to match my plane...

Thanks for posting the links...

Best regards,

-a- 

One of these days...

We are going to need to try simulated formation flying... from various MSer home dromes around the world...

Seeing if @gsxrpilot would have any insight on simulated Formating... :)

During the times of a Pandemic... this might be a helpful alternative to not flying formation...

Best regards,

-a-

13 hours ago, MatthiasArnold said:

Carenado provides a M20R for MSFS2020 - at additional cost of course:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mooney-m20r-ovation-review-msfs-2020-by-carenado/280118
Although I have MSFS202 (the graphics are stunning)installed I have not installed at test-flighted it.

I have 62 hours logged (probably closer to 80 actual, but logging is broken) in MSFS2020, mostly in the steam Skyhawk. Is it pretty? Absolutely. Is it also horribly unreliable, inaccurate, and lacking in authenticity? Also absolutely. Asobo appears to have not involved any actual aviators in development and QA.

• Like 2

That’s OK, the old MSFS Bravo doesn’t much fly like a Mooney for all things related to take off and landing... such as flaps and trim relationships... or go-arounds...

It is a great way to check if your brain is in the game before actually going flying...

If it is not your day to fly... you will sense the inability to maintain, speed, altitude, and / or time...

If you are well rested, and ready to fly... your instrument scan works as expected... short field landings are perfect...

It’s all relative, not absolute...

Best regards,

-a-

42 minutes ago, carusoam said:

That’s OK, the old MSFS Bravo doesn’t much fly like a Mooney for all things related to take off and landing... such as flaps and trim relationships... or go-arounds...

It is a great way to check if your brain is in the game before actually going flying...

If it is not your day to fly... you will sense the inability to maintain, speed, altitude, and / or time...

If you are well rested, and ready to fly... your instrument scan works as expected... short field landings are perfect...

It’s all relative, not absolute...

Best regards,

-a-

Yesterday Downloaded Standard version and additionally payed Mooney (Cerando M20R Ovation, personally I fly M20C in reality) further  several for me known Airports in high quality (LOWZ in Alpen, LOWW, LOW...I)

-  Graphically is simulator of very high quality level, BUT from a practical, PILOTs view far away from reality,  because of (known?) Bugs.

For me first and most important is, that it is not possible to set up natural stick and rudder reactions (from the previous version I do have Saitec               yoke&Pedals), because  in Menu SAITEC YOKE SENSITIVITY IS NOT SHOWING. Hopefully, this bug will be fixed, because without fixing this is  for "training" basic Stick and  Rudder skills useless...

lg, M

Edited by brndiar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brndiar said:

For me first and most important is, that it is not possible to set up natural stick and rudder reactions (from the previous version I do have Saitec               yoke&Pedals), because  in Menu SAITEC YOKE SENSITIVITY IS NOT SHOWING. Hopefully, this bug will be fixed, because without fixing this is  for "training" basic Stick and  Rudder skills useless...

Sensitivity, along with a raft of other previously-working features, was broken in the 17 September update. There's supposed to be another patch next week.

Program has been out for five weeks, and already has three patches. It's not even in beta; it should never have been published.

2 hours ago, coinneach said:

Sensitivity, along with a raft of other previously-working features, was broken in the 17 September update. There's supposed to be another patch next week.

Program has been out for five weeks, and already has three patches. It's not even in beta; it should never have been published.

This Program has  the Potential to become a powerful Training  Tool for ours Birds, provided that it will be possible to set up "realistic stick & rudder reactions" and as already mentioned by Curosoam Mooney will be Mooney in simulator too (flaps and trim relationships.....).

Long way to go.

lg,m.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

useful to know thanks guys for the heads up.  Do we know what sort of electronic beast it needs to run on effectively?

If you Google "What computer do I need to run FS2020" you will get a multitude of websites telling you what is best to run the program.

This website (very ad heavy) will tell you what is minimum and what is recommended.  It will also tell you if your hardware on your computer will cut it.

https://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/microsoft-flight-simulator/19451

And if you want to build your own you can look at this site:

https://9to5toys.com/2020/07/17/best-computers-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/#minimum-requirements

As with all websites these days, use them at your own risk... :)

I will echo what I have said and others have said in this post.  FS 2020 Graphics are GREAT!  But, for flight sim X-Plane 11.5 has it hands down.  The way you look around the cockpit etc in FS since it is a single screen set up is clunky at best.  Watching the instrument panel and out the window is simply not realistic.

With X-Plane I am able to have multiple screens etc.  For example I have it set across three screens that basically look from wing to wing.   A 4th touch screen just for the 6 pack which yes includes the two G5's and a JPI 930 (just like my bird), parking break, gear switch, trim indicator and flap indicator.  Then a 5th screen (small touch screen about the size or a GNS 530) with a Garmin 530 displayed (wish it had an Avidyne 540 and it would be just like my panel).  Then a Knobster Knob to control the Garmin G5's and Garmin 530 (and if you want it to control other instruments it is an easy set up).  None of this can be done in the FS2020 at this point.  Set X-Plane weather to minimums and hand or have the auto pilot fly in IMC for solid practice which you really can not do the same way in FS.  But, wait (infomercial here) that's not all......there is more to both systems than just doing some sim type IMC practice and you just have to see for yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MIm20c said:

@wcb any pictures of your setup?  Looking to build a similar 3 screen plus touchscreen.  Can an iPad be interfaced for the panel control?

I will try to get a better one of mine (the screens are 3 32 inch curved) (since then I have fixed my 6 pack with g5's and jpi better, but you get the drift).  The really crazy one is a friend of a friends!

13436670-33B1-48A1-93F8-4E3CAEA272A1.jpeg

F7C5E3F5-69EB-4068-9DFB-3982D1A2A12B.jpeg

83391552-DAB0-4194-AD4A-2FE62137B55F.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Nice! But the second picture is not very realistic... the engine gauges are still working ;)

Agreed!  You will see that my panel is on an IPAD (that picture has the older IPAD and I usually use the new one) for touch ability and using the Duo app.  The Garmin 530 is a touch Raspberry 7 inch Kuman LCD.  I find one of the cooler items is the knobster knob to control them both (it feels and acts exactly like a g530 or Avidyne 540 knob).  I usually fly the after market Mooney (Cerando M20R Ovation) which is fairly close to my F when I pull the throttle back.

With X-Plane 11.50 and M20R O2 GX at my home airfield EDKA.
Old runway with 530m (1734ft) could be challenging with O2 in real life.
However - since two weeks we have 800++m available.
For IFR sim I open the G1000 PFD/MFD as 2D windows as shown in the 2nd pic.
Still waiting for the RealSimGear G1000 HW suite to be delivered to Germany...
Best regards,
Matthias

IMG_9564.jpg

IMG_9565.jpg

• Like 2