Connecting the ram air door cable, share your secret.

Thanks for all the replies. I realized after some checking that there were various different designs For the cable attach point so only those with my style probably feel my pain.  

Anthony, it was finished and closed up by the time I posted this and I was at the height of my frustration so no pictures and I didn’t want to dig back into it. I did find a pic on Mooneyspace from another poster that I attached here that resembles mine.

MKturbo, Moose, Chump, Mitch and Yetti. I did have the oil, cooler unbolted but it only provided minimal room to negotiate with my hand. In the end I was able to get it attached and my mechanic was satisfied with the result.

Nuke, send your most useful curse words so I can be prepared for the next lower cowl removal.

Gary, now I really like your idea. I will be looking into the oil cooler relocation STC. Seems like it would be  Yuge plus.

Steve

photo credit @apenney

DCC8C8FD-5860-47FC-95DC-F4ABCC170642.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eight8Victor said:

Thanks for all the replies. I realized after some checking that there were various different designs For the cable attach point so only those with my style probably feel my pain.  

Anthony, it was finished and closed up by the time I posted this and I was at the height of my frustration so no pictures and I didn’t want to dig back into it. I did find a pic on Mooneyspace from another poster that I attached here that resembles mine.

MKturbo, Moose, Chump, Mitch and Yetti. I did have the oil, cooler unbolted but it only provided minimal room to negotiate with my hand. In the end I was able to get it attached and my mechanic was satisfied with the result.

Nuke, send your most useful curse words so I can be prepared for the next lower cowl removal.

Gary, now I really like your idea. I will be looking into the oil cooler relocation STC. Seems like it would be  Yuge plus.

Steve

photo credit @apenney

DCC8C8FD-5860-47FC-95DC-F4ABCC170642.png

After my last annual, on the test flight, I pulled that knob in the cockpit and it came completely out in my hand.  After i landed with it open and taxiied to my mechanic I heard some pretty good words.  It had been attached but not tightened enough.  Hope yours stays attached!