Jaeger Spatial interiors

JLindi

Has anyone used this system or know anything about it?  I need to upgrade my 1977 interior and the price is appealing.  I am concerned about noise levels, looks and durability.  Any information would be helpful.  It appears this started in Minn. and has moved down to Wisconsin for the main office at least. 

Mooney Spatial Interior Installation | Do-it-Yourself

41 minutes ago, JLindi said:

Has anyone used this system or know anything about it?  I need to upgrade my 1977 interior and the price is appealing.  I am concerned about noise levels, looks and durability.  Any information would be helpful.  It appears this started in Minn. and has moved down to Wisconsin for the main office at least. 

Mooney Spatial Interior Installation | Do-it-Yourself

Yup - I love it!

Congrats on your first post, JL.

There are a couple of users of the Spatial Interiors around here...

They are new parts, they look great, and are built by a long time Mooney guru...

So yes... with enough money your Mooney can be better than new...

There are a few other methods to improve things...

That come in various levels...

The hard part is deciding the level that is right for you...

There are some really fancy rugs around here too...

Best regards,

-a-

11 hours ago, JLindi said:

THANKS for the feedback.  I will try to make it up to WI this Fall for his opinion on  what needs to be done.   I guess anything is possible with enough money!!!

Bruce winters in Ft. Meyers, FL. and spends his spring and summers in Willmar, Mn. Bruce and I put his spatial interior in my F when I had it, and it really turned out nice. Sound was not any louder or any quieter based on my Mark II 60+ year ear meter

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Bruce winters in Ft. Meyers, FL. and spends his spring and summers in Willmar, Mn. Bruce and I put his spatial interior in my F when I had it, and it really turned out nice. Sound was not any louder or any quieter based on my Mark II 60+ year ear meter

You got the Mark II upgrades?  Sweet.  I still have my old Mark I’s... :)

We have an Aero Comfort interior.  Love it.  Bruce’s looks VERY nice too and would, it appears, give a little more width based on his innovative design.

• Like 1

I had my tanks resealed 4 or 5 years ago at weepnomore and Wilmar, MN is where Bruce is generally from, although I read he winters in Florida now.  Anyway he personally did his interiors kit to my plane at that time.

This included the full interiors kit of wall panels - these are nice for quick removal but also the do add a "scooch" more interior space and for a very tall pilot such as myself it has been the difference between a tad too small, and now not an issue at all.

He also subcontracts to a general upholstery shop (aircraft and boats) from Duluth called SCS interiors who have patterns for rugs, and seats and also pockets.  I had them do a complete re-do.  7 leather pockets.  New rugs.  And seats in gorgeous perforated leather.  They even did a custom job for me of extending the bottom cushion length so I no longer feel like I am hanging on to my seat sort of tipping off the front on a tiny clown seat.  Now I sit in my seat.  Lumbar support. The whole deal.  Several years on, it still looks new.  And their rates were fantastic relative to other rates I have seen quoted on here.

Highly recommend.

9 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I had my tanks resealed 4 or 5 years ago at weepnomore and Wilmar, MN is where Bruce is generally from, although I read he winters in Florida now.  Anyway he personally did his interiors kit to my plane at that time.

This included the full interiors kit of wall panels - these are nice for quick removal but also the do add a "scooch" more interior space and for a very tall pilot such as myself it has been the difference between a tad too small, and now not an issue at all.  Esp more width - I feel more relaxed after a flight not having had to squeeze my shoulders in the whole time.

He also subcontracts to a general upholstery shop (aircraft and boats) from Duluth called SCS interiors who have patterns for rugs, and seats and also pockets.  I had them do a complete re-do.  7 leather pockets.  New rugs.  And seats in gorgeous perforated leather.  They even did a custom job for me of extending the bottom cushion length so I no longer feel like I am hanging on to my seat sort of tipping off the front on a tiny clown seat.  Now I sit in my seat.  Lumbar support. The whole deal.  Several years on, it still looks new.  And their rates were fantastic relative to other rates I have seen quoted on here.  Duluth btw is where Cirrus is from and I understand SCS does a lot of their special edition OEM work.

Highly recommend.

I would add my recommendation for the Jaeger system.  I did the install myself and I'm very happy with the system, pricing, etc.  Bruce is wonderful to work with.  I'm happy with my results, but I can only imagine how much better it would be if Bruce did the install.

My plastics were pretty brittle and were breaking down.  His method for backing and repairing the plastics is good.  In hindsight, I wish I would have used fiberglass reinforcement as the backing for all of the window frames and the weaker areas as I believe it is more durable.

Here's a couple photos.  Really can't say enough good things about Bruce.

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

• Like 3

What about the O2 ports on your

10 hours ago, vance.k said:

I would add my recommendation for the Jaeger system.  I did the install myself and I'm very happy with the system, pricing, etc.  Bruce is wonderful to work with.  I'm happy with my results, but I can only imagine how much better it would be if Bruce did the install.

My plastics were pretty brittle and were breaking down.  His method for backing and repairing the plastics is good.  In hindsight, I wish I would have used fiberglass reinforcement as the backing for all of the window frames and the weaker areas as I believe it is more durable.

Here's a couple photos.  Really can't say enough good things about Bruce.

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

What about your O2 ports on your K? Or did your K not come with built in O2?

20 minutes ago, J Bird said:

What about the O2 ports on your

What about your O2 ports on your K? Or did your K not come with built in O2?

No O2 on mine, but I seem to recall that was one of the questions he asked. I’m sure he’s got a solution for it. 

• Like 1

Word on the street is...

There may be a change in ownership of the Spatial Interiors products coming...

Unfortunately, I don’t know any of the details.... yet.

But, if you are thinking about a Spatial Interior project... now would be better than later to get started...

When Bruce Jaeger is on your project, nothing is better....  :)

Best regards,

-a-

It is sad news!  The deal went down 9/22/2020.   I called yesterday morning to set up a visit and was routed to the new owners in WI.  Nice lady answered the phone,   but she was unable to find anyone to talk to me.  I left my number and no one called  back.  I opened an email request and so far no response.  I am afraid I missed the "Bruce" window for excellent service!     Maybe they will eventually get back to me when they figure things out.  Maybe with a discount for the new team learning on my baby!

• Like 1

FWIW, I traded messages with Bruce. Sounds like he is doing well, it is just time to pass the torch on the Spatial Interior STC.  He is still involved on a consulting and training basis for awhile, so it appears there is a plan for a smooth transition.  It really isn't that complicated to install, so I'm confident any shop or individual DIYer for that matter, that has any attention to detail can produce a good finished product.  Especially if Bruce is available for guidance.  Good luck @JLindi.

Edited by vance.k
  • Like 1

Wisconsin aviation purchased Spatial Interiors, they are a great organization catering to general aviation with multiple locations. They informed me of the purchase a few weeks ago while in the Madison location discussing some Mooney work. Generally when I callI get a fairly quick response. 

As a side note they also do spectacular avionics / panel rework on Mooneys along with regular maintenance. 

Ed 

Blu Sky inc. 

• Like 1

Pete from WI Avi did call be back and seemed friendly and willing to work with me.  He admitted that they have been working with Bruce for a few months and that Bruce consults with him now, but they really haven't done much of this yet.  I hope to fly out next week and check them out if the wind over Lake MI isn't 50 knots again! My door plastic is pretty broke up, so I do have doubts about not replacing some of that stuff!

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE on Jaeger Interiors. 

Well, I am sad I missed  Bruce's personal touch.  I flew to WI several weeks ago to meet the new owners; Rivertown was probably the friendliest airport I  have flown into in 20 years.  The folks running the interior shop were nice, and after looking at my plane said that they thought for about $18,000 they could re-do the interior.  I replied my plane was only worth $85,000 and knew Bruce's kit cost $2100; what could I do in the  $5-10,000 range to spruce it up for now.  I have several handy and  willing people that could do prep work.    I left with them saying they would put together some information for me on materials and pricing options.   

WELL; a week and half later I had heard nothing, so sent a very polite email asking if they could send me a quote.  Now it is 2 1/2 weeks out and have no replies on my email or phone.  I think they have missed Bruce's mission for affordable renewals!   I would  have expected at least a reply saying what could be done for panels and carpets, but the seats would have to wait; but I did not merit even a reply.  Sad. 

• Sad 5