1998 Ovation On The Market Soon

Greg_D

I thought I'd post a little advance notice of a sweet Ovation about to come on the market.  I ferried this one to Texas today from Pennsylvania.  Jimmy Garrison at GMax Aircraft will be listing it soon.  And for those who haven't already, contact him and get on his mailing list to receive notice of new planes coming on the market.  Many of the nicer planes he sells never make it to his website and are sold from these mail lists.

Anyway, this one is super nice!  The previous owner spared no expense and took great care of this plane.  It was painted in one of the new "Ultra" paint schemes within the last year.  Complete specs will be provided by Jimmy if you contact him, but right about 1525 total time on the engine and airframe.  Garmin GTN-750 and a solid KFC-150 AP with altitude preselect.  The plane was an absolute joy to fly and I almost didn't want the ferry trip to end.

Jimmy@AllAmericanAircraft.com

8D16D8DF-B0D7-4220-A608-631AEDEFBF3C_1_201_a.jpeg

5C8B8494-B677-4B64-8845-B507119BC71D_1_105_c.jpeg

017C1B3A-A9FA-467D-B6C2-4004BDF8C89A_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, GaryP1007 said:

I'd be happy in that......:)

What Gary said.  I’m literally trying to find a fault with it so I don’t show it to the wife.....but I’m prepping to sleep on the couch because I want to show it. I guess I see a TINY defect on the left side gear door.  Nope.  Not enough of an issue to withhold it. 

Marauder, I have to ask, was Lloyd a Mooneyspacer or did others know him?  I’m new here but a quick google search gave me an obituary and it’s always sad to see an airman get his/her eternal wings.  

edit: I was working on my phone...  going to my PC, I found he was a member here.  Condolences to all. 

Edited by Nick Pilotte

2 hours ago, Nick Pilotte said:

What Gary said.  I’m literally trying to find a fault with it so I don’t show it to the wife.....but I’m prepping to sleep on the couch because I want to show it. I guess I see a TINY defect on the left side gear door.  Nope.  Not enough of an issue to withhold it. 

Marauder, I have to ask, was Lloyd a Mooneyspacer or did others know him?  I’m new here but a quick google search gave me an obituary and it’s always sad to see an airman get his/her eternal wings.  

edit: I was working on my phone...  going to my PC, I found he was a member here.  Condolences to all. 

Nick - I am not sure Lloyd visited MooneySpace. He was active on Stinky Pants NJ Mooney Yahoo group. Can you PM me the obit. I met him a few times.

Yes, this was Lloyd’s plane.  I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but do admire his taste in airplanes and paint schemes.  His hangar was also well kept and you could see that the plane was his passion and well cared for.  He had all the tools he needed to keep it looking great!

1 hour ago, Niko182 said:

Anyone know the cost?

A quick and dirty VRef comes to $209K (using VRef specific numbers for the upgrades), but not counting upgrades for Flight Director, Altitude Preselect, Hartzell Top Prop Upgrade and the Electronic Standby AI (in the TC slot). Those are upgrades to the standard aircraft from the year model. And that is only giving the standard $6,500 for the new paint, which I have been told was a $30,000 cost (rumor has it that it was painted by the same shop that does paint work for Air Force One - but that could just be a rumor - I do know it was a top end and pricey paint job). That all being said, I am going to be very reasonable on the price. How reasonable? I will let you know once I see it.

BTW, I can take trades on this one.

• 4 weeks later...