Looks cool!

Mcstealth

https://shop.levil.com/collections/all-products/products/bom?gclid=CjwKCAjwwab7BRBAEiwAapqpTAfoGYNORuViihUSA-LIlAGyNT6yN4RQCd2MpDLxnM8Ak-Mg_HNOhhoCInUQAvD_BwE

For you guys (and Gals) with way more experience than I, what do you make of this avionics back up device?

Click the video a little down on the page. 

Edited by Mcstealth

9 minutes ago, Eight8Victor said:

I met the owner of the company when I first bought my Mooney and was having it annualed down in Sanford, Fl. Ruben is a brilliant guy and super nice with a great family. They left Venezuela after the Marxist take over and are living the American dream. Good people.

Double cool!

That exposed antenna connection gives me some concern. Excellent point of failure from water intrusion and incidental bumps from handling/preflight. Lots of parasitic drag in the mounting. 

Can’t say I’d want it in its current form. And having multiple planes, with various AHRS/ADSB equipment installed, I have not had or heard of any significant problems that necessitated this. Other than the fly-in discussion whilst the casual pilot-lean is performed on your plane, I don’t see the the practicality over the current fleet of portables. But heck, sure makes a Vashon look like a TMB, don’t it? :rolleyes:

I am all for the ingenuity and inventiveness of these small companies.  Without them things would not progress like they do.  However, I am not sure I would want this hanging off my airplane.  Most of what it gives you can be found in other cockpit devices including portable devices.  The website is slightly mis-leading by saying you get real-time weather in the cockpit from the ADS-B.  Well, as we all know there is such a delay with ADS-B that it is not real time.  Real time can only be had with on board radar and/or stormscope, etc...

But I do applaud the ingenuity and the story behind the owner of the company.

• Like 1

When all this ADS-B out was first getting started I thought I remembered this company as one trying to do ADS-B out.  I think they were going to do it for experimental and they were one of the early ones doing it.  I guess that changed or I am wrong.  With me, more likely the latter.