M20R Installation manual for KFC 225 - anyone know where to get one?

FlyingScot

Greetings all - 

I am in the process of replacing my ki525 and ki256 with GI275’s and I have come across an interesting problem. In my equipment list there is a single entry for the KFC225 System but no breakdown of individual components - it aggregates the component weights and arms into a single entry. This includes the servos, the KG102A, etc. 

The issue is this - I am keeping the autopilot, so I am therefore removing parts of the total system but not all, so to recompute the weights and arms correctly of what remains, I need the component W&B breakdown. This is found in the Installation and Service Manual - I know this b/c I have found one for the TB20 and it has all this info in a table in the manual. 

The component weights are probably intercomparable, but not the arms. So far I have had no joy for the I&S manual for the M20R. 

Any of the wise folk on MS have an idea where to find one of these?

Thanks! - Bob

——

An example for the TB20:

EF0D8BBD-F5A8-4D6E-81F7-4C5E7ADD55CA.thumb.jpeg.11db5e21b5e3917e8d9fe5e7a4ca56bd.jpeg

What parts are you taking out?  If you are keeping the autopilot, then aren't you just taking out the 256, 525 and maybe 102a, all of which are right at the panel (or close enough you could figure it out with a tape measure)?  Whoever is doing the install should be able to do this for you.

I had the whole thing pulled out and could look and see what the shop that pulled mine put down for a particular item.

Edited by hypertech
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hypertech said:

What parts are you taking out?  If you are keeping the autopilot, then aren't you just taking out the 256, 525 and maybe 102a, all of which are right at the panel (or close enough you could figure it out with a tape measure)?  Whoever is doing the install should be able to do this for you.

I had the whole thing pulled out and could look and see what the shop that pulled mine put down for a particular item.

That would be great if you have it - thanks. You are right about what’s coming out + kmt112. The 102 is in the rear, however, but the station should be straightforward to figure out. But that still leaves the servos & brackets, etc. if you have a breakdown that would be really helpful - mine is a 2000 O2 as well, so we should be similar. Thank you - Bob

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Bob,

Check the weight and balance section of your POH... the break down there, might be pretty good...

I put a page of my WnB as an example... there are about 10pages of WnB data with lots o detail...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks - that is where I went first, in fact - and where I found the consolidated (handwritten) entry for the 225. Unfortunately the preprinted list part of the W&B section does not include this or the components of it. I think the preprinted section was a holdover from the 90's Ovations with a standard KFC150 install, and the 2000 O2 was the first year to have the 225 as an option. My page 6-23 looks just like yours (Rev F). Just a guess. 

16 hours ago, FlyingScot said:

Thanks - that is where I went first, in fact - and where I found the consolidated (handwritten) entry for the 225. Unfortunately the preprinted list part of the W&B section does not include this or the components of it. I think the preprinted section was a holdover from the 90's Ovations with a standard KFC150 install, and the 2000 O2 was the first year to have the 225 as an option. My page 6-23 looks just like yours (Rev F). Just a guess. 

Interesting, my POH seems to be current up to rev G...

and It is one of the oldest Os on the planet...

What would be a current rev of the O1’s POH?

Best regards,

-a-

This is really as basic as it gets for an install shop. IMO it is their responsibility to weigh everything coming out and calculate the arm at the time of removal.  Can’t believe they are relying on the owner to calculate this for them and then just sign it off. Buy a $20 postal scale and drop it off for them to use...

1 hour ago, MIm20c said:

This is really as basic as it gets for an install shop. IMO it is their responsibility to weigh everything coming out and calculate the arm at the time of removal.  Can’t believe they are relying on the owner to calculate this for them and then just sign it off. Buy a $20 postal scale and drop it off for them to use...

You are absolutely right - They are not relying on me to calculate it - quite the contrary. This was as much a personal interest of mine to verify how the original consolidated W&B entry was computed and how it would be modified by the change. That will give me some personal confidence in the empirically derived number calculated in the way you suggest. I always like to understand how the numbers are derived and sourced. May have something to do with being a physicist...  

It may be common, but I haven't seen a system that spans the airplane (instruments on the panel, servos in the wings, gyros in the tail, etc.) recorded in the Equipment list/W&B as a single consolidated entry before. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, FlyingScot said:

Greetings all - 

I am in the process of replacing my ki525 and ki256 with GI275’s and I have come across an interesting problem. In my equipment list there is a single entry for the KFC225 System but no breakdown of individual components - it aggregates the component weights and arms into a single entry. This includes the servos, the KG102A, etc. 

The issue is this - I am keeping the autopilot, so I am therefore removing parts of the total system but not all, so to recompute the weights and arms correctly of what remains, I need the component W&B breakdown. This is found in the Installation and Service Manual - I know this b/c I have found one for the TB20 and it has all this info in a table in the manual. 

The component weights are probably intercomparable, but not the arms. So far I have had no joy for the I&S manual for the M20R. 

Any of the wise folk on MS have an idea where to find one of these?

Thanks! - Bob

——

An example for the TB20:

EF0D8BBD-F5A8-4D6E-81F7-4C5E7ADD55CA.thumb.jpeg.11db5e21b5e3917e8d9fe5e7a4ca56bd.jpeg

Shoot me an email if you would like a copy of the installation manual or see below

Mooney M20X Installation_006-00769-0000_E.pdf

• Thanks 1