Hangar Needed Snohomish/King County Area, WA

flybyguy

Hi Puget Sound folks.  Let me know if there are community hangars or condo hangars out there needing tenants (King or Snohomish County is ideal).  I'm fairly new to the area and have an M20K needing a dry place to park.  I'm pretty flexible on rental rates.  PM me or respond to this thread if you have any leads or advice.  Thanks in advance.

27 minutes ago, flybyguy said:

Hi Puget Sound folks.  Let me know if there are community hangars or condo hangars out there needing tenants (King or Snohomish County is ideal).  I'm fairly new to the area and have an M20K needing a dry place to park.  I'm pretty flexible on rental rates.  PM me or respond to this thread if you have any leads or advice.  Thanks in advance.

I grew up in that area and spent several years flying there.  You may want to try Arlington (KAWO) just a bit to the North.  If I were moving back there, that’s the first place I’d consider, given it’s close proximity to my family in Marysville.  A bit further North than you mentioned, but certainly cheaper than KBFI in South Seattle or Paine Field (KPAE).

Steve

3 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

I grew up in that area and spent several years flying there.  You may want to try Arlington (KAWO) just a bit to the North.  If I were moving back there, that’s the first place I’d consider, given it’s close proximity to my family in Marysville.  A bit further North than you mentioned, but certainly cheaper than KBFI in South Seattle or Paine Field (KPAE).

Steve

KAWO actually has at least two hangar buildings in the process of being constructed, from what I hear they haven't even broken ground and the waitlist for those are years long.  KRNT municipal hangars have waitlists 10 years long, KPAE are now 4-5 years, up from 1-2 years just mere months ago.  It's probably great news that GA has staying power in the worst recession in modern American history, but it sucks being an owner literally out in the rain for lack of hangar inventory.  I'm hoping to have better luck with community or condo hangar rentals.

Wow...yeah, those are insane wait times.  I'm sorry you have to deal with all that just to find a cozy spot for your airplane.  If going the other direction is an option for you, not sure if you've tried KPLU (Pierce County/Thun - did a lot of flying there), or Auburn (S50).  Bob @Bob - S50 is based there and may have info on any availabilities.