FS: SwitcheOn Remote Power Electrical Switch - $199 - $299

OSUAV8TER

8 hours ago, jetdriven said:

Is there a way to only get the service during the winter time? Because I’m paying for service for a whole year but I really only need it for half.

That's one place that I have no room to negotiate. They (Verizon) want their activation fee every time I activate a SIM. If I de-activate one, they charge me again to re-activate.

So, it would be like $4.50/month + $20 activation every year. That's $47 and I have to deal with supporting the boxes that fail to activate, are forgotten, etc..

I have more SwitcheOn’s coming into stock because I am quickly running out of stock. If you ordered within the past 24 hours, your order shipped today!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/switcheon.html <-- Buy SwitcheOn here
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here

Just released the latest box software. Any plugged in box will automatically update.

V1.3

[*] Adjusted self-heating compensation to improve temperature accuracy
[*] QR code now stops appearing after the box has been plugged in for 5 minutes. If you need the code to add the box to another phone, unplug and re-plug it.
[*] Support for auto restricting high power channels - requires upcoming app update

In the next app update, there will be 4 switches added to the Box Detail screen labeled "High Power Channels". These channels will be limited to only having 1 on at a time. The idea is that if you have a large engine heater and a space heater that together exceed the power of your outlet, you can mark them as high power and the device will prevent you from accidentally turning both on and blowing either the circuit breaker or the device fuse.

Thanks to Martin Pauly for the ideas for the last two items. If anybody else has suggestions for a future release, I'm all ears.

• Like 4

SwitcheOn is proving to be incredibly popular and we are selling several units every day and I have an excellent inventory of 2 and 4 channel units that are ready to ship. The first year of service is included with the purchase of the box. This box will save you time and money, paying for itself just in the first year! You can now avoid unnecessary trips to the airport to plug your airplane engine block heater in or avoid the extra electric costs by leaving it plugged in all winter. 

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/switcheon.html <--Order here

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here

These are a great product and deliver incredible value. SwitcheOn will save you TIME and MONEY. No more unnecessary trips to the airport to plug the airplane in and no more running the engine block heater while the plane is not going to be flown in the near future. When I kept N11GG plugged in all winter my electric bill went up $30-$50 a month. In one winter the energy savings pay for a SwitcheOn. It's a compelling business case!

We have an excellent inventory and these are ready to ship!

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here

To many annual fees in aviation to add another.  I have had this SwitchBox for 3 years (4g) and its great.  No annual service charge and its free to call 1 outlet.  If you want to use the second outlet it charges I think 40cents per.  I paid 299. looks like price up to 349.  If you plan to keep less than 3 years than looks like switchOn is the better deal at 199   

If  you are lucky enough to be able to get a wifi signal you only need a Samsung or other brand smart switch.

https://switchboxcontrol.com/the-switch-box

PHL_4370SwitchBox110912PA.jpg

I've got the 4 channel SwitcheOn box up and running in my hangar. I have a 4 channel box I built myself from various parts. But the monthly cost of the SIM card was just too much for how much I was using it. So the $50/year was the reason I decided to order the SwitcheOn.

The box arrived but wouldn't power on. I reached out to @OSUAV8TER and had a replacement box within a couple of days and a return label for the other one. So customer service is excellent!

I've been very happy with the box. I like the temperature indication. And the app is super easy to use. And the automations will be very nice once the snow starts flying around here. I hope the $50/yr lasts for a long time :-)

Obviously there are DIY solutions that might save you a couple of dollars, but for my money, this unit is hard to beat. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the PIREP and Kudos. It appears that the SIM card may have came lose during shipping and if that happens, the unit will not power on. We have implemented an engineering fix to prevent this from happening in the future.

• Like 2

Received my 2 channel unit last week.  Look well built and easy to program. Wired it into my relays at the airport and everything worked as it should. Before I utilized a special timed relay that would allow my tanis to run for one hour on activation that was in addition to my forced air heater.  This allowed for maximum heat to be applied on last minute flights.  Now I have the ability to control both independently...very nice.  Thanks for the fast shipping.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, KB4 said:

To many annual fees in aviation to add another.  I have had this SwitchBox for 3 years (4g) and its great.  No annual service charge and its free to call 1 outlet.  If you want to use the second outlet it charges I think 40cents per.  I paid 299. looks like price up to 349.  If you plan to keep less than 3 years than looks like switchOn is the better deal at 199   

SwitcheOn includes the cellular service for the $50/year.

The first year of service is included and then it is $50 a year after that to continue the cellular service plan with Verizon.

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here

58 minutes ago, mike261 said:

received my switch, is there an antenna i can use to get outside the hangar? or one you could reccomend?

mike

I recommend this antenna. It has a 12 foot cable and I have it hooked up in my hangar although it is just hooked up higher on the side of the metal indoor.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/12-inch-magnet-mount-antenna-12ft-sma-male-311125/

18 minutes ago, OSUAV8TER said:

I recommend this antenna. It has a 12 foot cable and I have it hooked up in my hangar although it is just hooked up higher on the side of the metal indoor.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/12-inch-magnet-mount-antenna-12ft-sma-male-311125/

I have that same antenna and am using it with the SwitcheOn. I punched a small 1/4" hole through the metal wall of my hangar and put it on the roof.

1 hour ago, AIREMATT said:

Does it need an outside antenna to receive a signal or is there a built in one that is sufficient?

It has one...

People are discussing various challenges based on their hangar and location...

lets invite @OSUAV8TER to follow-up...

Looks like many antenna options are available similar to being in the 90s all over again...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, AIREMATT said:

Does it need an outside antenna to receive a signal or is there a built in one that is sufficient?

Try the antenna that it comes with first before picking up a remote antenna. SwitcheOn does not need much service to work. If a signal doesn't make it through, it keeps trying until it does get a signal through. If you have one bar, that should be sufficient. 

• Like 3