Master FuelStik

corn_flake

We have the FuelStik Master too.  I do not consider it inferior but rather superior.

With that said, how long ago did you write?  There are lots of companies that are slow to respond due to Covid and I suspect this is a one person company.

If nothing else, you might try taking stick and end caps to Home Depot and see if you can find a piece of PVC pipe that might work.  Might take a little modification work to get both caps to work but you never know.

Inquire were sent to manufacture in late August.  COVID-19 or not, 3 weeks is more than enough to respond to an email.  Honest, I was disappointed when I first received the product.  The product felt cheaply made, but I decided to give a benefit of doubt and for all intended purpose, it worked well.   Besides FuelStik, are there other solution available for Mooney M20E?  

@carusoam I'm less concern with the discoloration on the actual FuelStik.  After all, it doesn't affect my ability to read the fuel level.  The tube on top of the picture is designed to hold the FuelStik, you can see it is cracked on both end.  Since the storage tube is not exposed to either 100LL or UV light, it simply failed after less 75 cycle of usage.  

Expect the surface cracks on the tube to propagate over time...

Typical of some solvents and some hen they come in contact with each other...

It makes a great example of why we don’t use random solvents on our windshields.... :)

Making the storage tube impervious to 100LL May have cost another dollar...

Which is about as much as they spent on the materials for the device itself...

Best regards,

-a-

I have a fuel stick made from a half-inch wooden dowel. I marked the fuel level in the tank, then added five gallons and remarked the dowel for every five gallons added. I cross referenced the sight gauges as I added fuel. With the tank full, I subtracted the number of gallons necessary to fill he tank from the usable fuel capacity to determine the number of gallons shown by the first mark. Then each mark adds five gallons. 
Among other things, I learned that from 10 gallons indicated to 25 gallons indicated, the sight gauges are accurate to within a gallon.

Total cost was $1.58 for a 36” dowel from which I made two fuel sticks.

If our buddy Bob was here... he would recommend the wooden slat from a beehive...

He marked it precisely, as he added fuel to the tank...

Apparently Bob was a bee keeper... and used an engineer’s precision... the material of the slat did I nice job of absorbing enough fuel to leave a good line... but not too much to change the reading for the tank... (Schrödinger and his cat would be proud)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

My dip stick is a wide handled wood back scratcher which I calibrated to suit my desire.

My minimums before most flights.....no less than 10 gallons per tank.

Ya just can’t pull over and call the Auto Club . 

I’ve always done my very best to insure my insurance company gets to keep my full annual premium ( and then some). :lol:

• Like 1