Two sets of golf clubs in an E

22 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

You can put the empty golf bags in the baggage compartment and irons diagonal against the rear seat backs and the woods laying on top with heads in the hat rack if you need to fit 3.

Sheesh, where do you fit the third person though?!

2 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

You can put the empty golf bags in the baggage compartment and irons diagonal against the rear seat backs and the woods laying on top with heads in the hat rack if you need to fit 3.

My lightbulb/"I'm an idiot" moment with fitting gold clubs in my plane was when I thought to take the drivers/woods out of the bag and put them in last.

They’ll fit in the hat rack too. I have a slim bag. Works great!! Two place airplane no matter what you do. Maybe a three place with only one set of clubs. 
now we just need to create more opportunities to go Fly and Golf!! Any takers for CA, NV, AZ? 
-Matt

6 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Back seat, the woods overhang the left side, passenger sits on the right side. I have a J, but I think the baggage area is the same.

Your J has 5" extra backseat legroom and 5" extra length in baggage area compared to A-E. My baggage area (C model) is barely longer than the hatch.

12 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Back seat, the woods overhang the left side, passenger sits on the right side. I have a J, but I think the baggage area is the same.

Yeah but I thought you said the irons go diagonal across the back seats?  Maybe diagonal across the baggage?  I can see that, and the woods in the hat rack.  Don’t want a sudden stop in that bird, golf clubs be shooting up through the front and into the windscreen!

Yeah but I thought you said the irons go diagonal across the back seats?  Maybe diagonal across the baggage?  I can see that, and the woods in the hat rack.  Don’t want a sudden stop in that bird, golf clubs be shooting up through the front and into the windscreen!

Yeah, club heads on baggage floor, they won’t lay flat. I tie down the woods.

Tom
  • Like 1

It could be wrong with my physics but I try to be careful about what I put in the hat rack.  In the unfortunate instance that my plane hits something, or I break exceedingly hard to avoid an object  (and I’m still alive), I believe whatever is in the hat rack is going to fly forward fairly quickly and hit me in the head.  May not be worth worrying about, but it’s one reason why I don’t put my needle nose pliers or other tools up there.

• Like 1