Exploring Partnership at X51 (Homestead, Fl)

Papogator24

Definitely not a rude question to ask. I get it all the time. 

I don’t hear on the radio, it just sounds like really bad garbled noises. The garmin radio shows a “Tx” signal everytime someone is on the mic. I usually announce myself as deaf pilot and will make position reports. Whenever I’m in the air, I’m definitely on my game for VFR to see and avoid. I usually take flights to MTH as my grandfather lives in Marathon and he runs the EAA museum and he host monthly lunch meetings. I’ve only done one PnP flight and that was to KVDF.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I forgot the name of the company but back in 2011 when I first started flight training, there was a company making a speech to text radio. Last I checked, probably takes years for FAA approval. 

your idea isn’t a bad idea. I’m not a techy guy, but sounds like an adapter would be needed and use the notes app? 

Man, X51 is scary even when you aren't deaf.  Just today I watched a mid-air almost happen because someone not on frequency, did the RNAV downwind on the wrong runway, wen't missed and put himself in a head on course at the same altitude as the guy on base.

And it was an instructor with his student that did it.

Stay away from the Exec Jet center.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chriscalandro said:

Man, X51 is scary even when you aren't deaf.  Just today I watched a mid-air almost happen because someone not on frequency, did the RNAV downwind on the wrong runway, wen't missed and put himself in a head on course at the same altitude as the guy on base.

And it was an instructor with his student that did it.

Stay away from the Exec Jet center.  

Wow, that’s not good. I rent the plane at the exec center. The plane I usually rent is from someone else and not the flight school. His plane is down for mx. I’m assuming you’re at Robert’s? 

im guessing x51 became busy because Dean International closed down at TMB due to many accidents? 

22 minutes ago, Papogator24 said:

Wow, that’s not good. I rent the plane at the exec center. The plane I usually rent is from someone else and not the flight school. His plane is down for mx. I’m assuming you’re at Robert’s? 

im guessing x51 became busy because Dean International closed down at TMB due to many accidents? 

All those things above are correct. You must be in S.D.’s airplane. 

Basically what happened is Dean closed and then 2 absolutely terrible flight schools merged. 

• Like 1

Yes sir, that’s the one. I’ve rented 172s from the flight school. Don’t have much choice right now haha. 

I figured that’s what happened. It’s ripe  for accidents.  

hope to see you out there. I’ve only been to Robert’s once and that was just 2 weeks ago on a Mooney flight. Definitely got me hooked. Great plane! 

1 hour ago, ArtVandelay said:

I tried using my phone with liveatc.net, it appears it tries to make sense of the input (ie has to be proper English). Doesn’t seem to recognize phonetic alphabet or normal truncated ATC type traffic.

Sometimes these ads are too good to be true. Atleast it's a step in the right directions. 

• 1 year later...