Hello Jonny.....

JT

47 minutes ago, Greg Ellis said:

I understand that Mooney is going through rough times.  And these may be times they just can't recover from.  I am grateful that they are producing parts especially for these older airplanes.

It was a little bit of a kick in the gut to be at Oshkosh and see the various airplane manufacturers with huge displays and presence and the only Mooney presence was in the North 40 at the caravan tent.  Cirrus had nearly a full block at Oshkosh and they were packed with visitors.  Music playing loud enough so you wondered where it was coming from when you were walking nearby.  They had quite a few brand new aircraft on display and really put on a show.  Now, not sure if any of that extravagance turns into sales but you can't sell a plane if you don't market the plane.  And they know how to market a plane.  I am not trying to start yet another Mooney vs. Cirrus discussion,  That horse has been beaten to death.  It was just a little sad to not see a Mooney display.

I am thankful to all of those that keep our old aircraft flying.  Some of you are on this forum and I appreciate you very much.  I would call you out by name and thank you but the list would be long and I may miss someone.  So thanks to all on this forum that provide advice, and help keep our fleet in the air.

I agree, it was awesome seeing vendors busy with potential buyers, but a bummer no Mooney presence at OSH. It was a great year, and I think those who are willing to finance will be looking towards new aircraft. If there was an event to reintroduce Mooney, this was it. 

On a related note, I've been having a really hard time getting the Mooney parts department to give me a call back, and when I do get them on the line, they are very non-committal on when they'll be putting in an order. A little frustrating. 

It is my understanding Mooney currently isnt staffed to handle direct to end user parts sales and inquiries. The have a few people wearing many many hats each whos time must be allocated to the jobs they have. Part of being a Mooney Service center involves part acquisition for the end users and handling parts sales, and making your inquiry thru one of them might prove to be fruitful. Steve Rue now at Don Maxwell used to handle the factory to service center parts and I am sure can help you out. Laura at SWTA can get you info as well as Tamar at AGL and Eric at Oasis 

• Like 4