Hello Jonny.....

JT

I'd stick with what works and fix what doesn't.

Mooney should invest time and activity in MooneySpace where you customers currently are.

The Mooney website should compliment the discussion here and address the needs of the community:

*  How to get parts and order them on-line.  (think Lasar on a giant scale)
*****every part number from every model should be on the site with a source from Mooney, a third party, or method to fabricate.
*  Maintenance methods and tips for pilots and A&Ps.  
*  Where to find parts that you don't supply so we can maintain our aircraft without wasting time.
*  Every piece of documentation you have.  Ideally for free.
*  Upgrades and STCs from Mooney and other companies (one stop shopping).
*  Links to Mooney's for sale (new or used, on your site or others)
*  Recertified Mooney's for sale if you go down that path.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Boilermonkey said:

I'd stick with what works and fix what doesn't.

Mooney should invest time and activity in MooneySpace where you customers currently are.

The Mooney website should compliment the discussion here and address the needs of the community:

*  How to get parts and order them on-line.  (think Lasar on a giant scale)
*****every part number from every model should be on the site with a source from Mooney, a third party, or method to fabricate.
*  Maintenance methods and tips for pilots and A&Ps.  
*  Where to find parts that you don't supply so we can maintain our aircraft without wasting time.
*  Every piece of documentation you have.  Ideally for free.
*  Upgrades and STCs from Mooney and other companies (one stop shopping).
*  Links to Mooney's for sale (new or used, on your site or others)
*  Recertified Mooney's for sale if you go down that path.

Full list of tech pubs is available here: https://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Mooney-Technical-Publications.pdf Documentation has a real world cost to author and maintain, we should be happy to pay a fair price for it. Personally I'd think our best avenue to keeping documentation cost as low as possible is for all of us to pay for it rather than posting their copyrighted materials here or shared via email; as so often done.  

Although it would be very helpful for any of us to look up part availability and even perhaps a suggested retail pricing, the factory doesn't sell parts to owners directly, that's what their MSC network is for and helps keep them in business as well. MSC's do have access to online parts availability from the factory. 

For upgrades & Retrofit kits see https://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Retrofit-Kits.pdf

By definition a STC is from a third party other than the factory, with the exceptions of ones the factory has purchased I don't think we should expect the factory to market something they have nothing to do with and won't benefit by.

Personally IMO, I'd rather the factory focus purely on their near term objectives of becoming profitable at manufacturing and distributing Mooney parts and offering upgrades to Mooney's like a gross weight increase and G1000 updates discussed. We really don't need them to incur additional expense in marketing beyond communicating updates via their website and continue to support the fleet as they always have. Let's give them a chance to be successful and be patient with them. Just my opinion.

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 10

Hello Jonny, the best way for me to help Mooney would be to buy my parts directly on your site that would offer the online sale. In fact I would consult an online catalog and I would put in a bag the pieces that I need and that Mooney recommends for his customers. There would be tires, filters, but also ball joints, brake pads, hydraulic hoses, bulbs and why not the decals or stickers of our aircraft made in 1965, 1967, 1974, 1998... At Mooney online shop, I finding a set of shims for my wheels, the protective flames for statics (Mooney badged), see breakers or replacement klixxon contactors... Good luck from France Jonny.

19 hours ago, Davidv said:

FYI, now up on the site and deals with a few of the questions/comments on this thread:

https://www.mooney.com/december-18th-2020/

Still questioning the reasoning here. Part of being focused is picking the right tool for the job. A messageboard forum is a pretty bizarre solution to the problem of needing to talk to your customers. Have they heard of email in Kerrville yet? Even a webchat function, as companies like Apple and Verizon use for support inquiries, would make more sense. Like I said before, if you really need a forum, the solution is pretty obvious. You’re looking at it right now. 

It makes more sense if they want everyone else to be able to read their answers. But still. That’s what FAQs and Knowledge Base articles are for. 

You will find in the history of Corvette some gaps...

The one I’m most familiar with was between C3 and C4... a year without production... or extra limited...

If you like the convertible that was a year longer...

And if you want the Z07 version of this year’s Vette... you will be waiting for next year...

PP thoughts only off the top of my head... not a corvette historian...

Mostly limits of manufacturing... not like somebody held the reigns intentionally...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Folks. Not sure if anyone is interested, but we are selling the last Ovation Ultra coming off the line. It's on sale for $695,000.00 and you can pick the interior colors if you act fast. It has NXi Phase 2. It's a great deal. Contact sales@mooney.com

Jonny

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Hey Folks. Not sure if anyone is interested, but we are selling the last Ovation Ultra coming off the line. It's on sale for $695,000.00 and you can pick the interior colors if you act fast. It has NXi Phase 2. It's a great deal. Contact sales@mooney.com

Jonny

@carusoam

Got your name on it. :):)

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Jonny

Lotta airplane for not a lot of coin.

Just now, Davidv said:

TKS or AC can still be added...

FJC was asking about buying an Ovation that had a UL challenge, and an AC system that he didn’t want...  removing the AC was a possible solution...

Apparently, there is a short supply of pre-flown Ovations in the market lately...   :)

Best regards,

-a-

Just now, aviatoreb said:

Well it is a brand new airplane.  In terms of market for such things, it seems right to call it well priced.

I guess I just don't swim in the same pool as you guys...may well be a great value, but no way you're going to convince me that $695,000 is "not a lot of coin."

2 minutes ago, MikeOH said:

I guess I just don't swim in the same pool as you guys...may well be a great value, but no way you're going to convince me that $695,000 is "not a lot of coin."

Well - its too expensive for me - that's for sure.  But I own a small airplane that costs a lot a lot less than that new Ulta, but it still costs more than the house that a lot of my friends here in rural upstate.  

In a world of slower SR22’s that are selling near a number with two commas in it, I agree... it’s a lot of new plane for relatively not a lot of money.  FWIW, new DA40’s are mid 500’s plus.

pity they couldn’t market this to be in service before 12/31, but the savvy new aircraft buyer may foresee higher tax rates in 2021.... if only the current tax treatment can stick around

-dan

Edited by exM20K
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeOH said:

It’s all relative my good man ........:D

And, I’d venture a guess that most of us MS “guys” are not in that pool either Mike !  

However, the right swimmer could be here, and I feel that it’s an excellent price for a great airplane! :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carusoam said:

@FJC,

Have you seen this one?

New Ovation, no AC...   :)

Bargain price!

Best regards,

-a-

It’s a bit too high. No it’s actually way too high. I am also house hunting!

On 1/6/2021 at 2:14 PM, Jonny said:

Jonny

What does "last" imply?