Hello Jonny.....

JT

9 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

I would normally agree, but when some long body mooneys are under 800 lbs, it becomes very limiting when you try to add a third person. It also makes them hard to resell.

Really?  My FIKI Acclaim S has a useful load of 880.  There really isn't much variability in the empty weight from there unless you load it up with old radios (DME, ADF, etc) which some especially in EU and other world markets do.  One of the easy ways to shed empty weight probably won't work here: the lithium batteries.  The 35# weight savings would probably not be great for W&B.

There may be a handful of FIKI+AC planes out there, but last time I checked, Mooney disallowed "both" on the order form when that was a thing.

I would consider seriously a new M20V with another 200# of useful.  

-dan

• Like 2

SUBJECT THE BACK-CLUTCH SPRING.

Its with trepidation I write this message...but Those that have read Carol Ann Garratt books.. can see a picture of what happens when the spring goes South.

Carol is an Earth Rounder X 3 in her J model Mooney.  .i will post the    cover picture of her book Upon Silver Wings III.

I have personal knowledge with the Eaton actuator in my 91 J Model.  I strongly suggest any one who travels in a Mooney with the Eaton gear actuator have on speed dial your MSC or Jonny.  Someone may want to do a demonstration Video for the change out should you need one changed when you are in BFE. Your next stop will then be your MSC to be certain it was installed correctly and all the reasons it failed are rectified and signed off. 

I had over 2600 hours in an 67 F model with the 1-20 (fast)  factory electric gear..put quick electric disconnects soo every annual I could do complete eval and lube of the baby gears. Normally got over 500 hours on gears in I believe it was Dukes System hence NO BACK SPRING CONCERS.  The 91 J not So Much....another story for another time.

In 2004 purchased the 91 J with Eaton-actuator. I will sit back and listen regarding other MEMBER MSer's comments on Back Spring suggestions and experience.  

Carol Ann is quite the Mooney pilot... (Just an FYI note for @Jonny)

https://smile.amazon.com/Upon-Silver-Wings-Global-Adventure/dp/0975345753/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_4368549507?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8

If you buy the book... it supports people with ALS...

Using this link... it supports the Mooney Summit Foundation...

In return... you give some, and get a lot!   :)

Imagine... buying a book from Amazon.... it’s like old times...

PP thoughts only, not a book seller...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, Jonny said:

The kits haven't arrived yet, it's a bit out of our hands but they've accelerated the delivery and I pushed to get some before we got the entire order. Stand by.

Jonny

Is it feasible for Mooney to manufacture them? It seems this is an issue going forward.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Not an item we can manufacture unfortunately. Would require super expensive tooling and the return wouldn't justify it. We're on top of it and I don't expect many more delays going forward.

Jonny

How about later model yokes for the earlier models?

3 hours ago, vorlon1 said:

How about later model yokes for the earlier models?

The yokes made after 2006ish are very expensive (ergonomic style with the circular Mooney emblem).  Of course, it's always a possibility at some point as Mooney ramps up some of these other projects.  Your best bet tis to get your current ones wrapped by Aerocomfort or someone similar.  

• Like 1

A question for Johnny, as it looks like a good possibility that capital gains and corporate tax rates may be going up in a Biden administration his words are you concerned about being able to keep the lights on.  This is not a political comment but a legitimate concern for the future of the Mooney brand. 

6 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

That can be done but you'll need different control shafts, etc.

Sure. Make some new 'turn-key' kits. My point is that given how expensive these are, and (perhaps) how many might be in the market for an affordable solution, it may be worth it for Mooney to have some made...

Just 'throwing it out there'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonal said:

A question for Johnny, as it looks like a good possibility that capital gains and corporate tax rates may be going up in a Biden administration his words are you concerned about being able to keep the lights on.  This is not a political comment but a legitimate concern for the future of the Mooney brand. 

After you pay all expenses you have a profit, then you pay corporate taxes. I think Mooney is a good ways away from that. They probably have quite a few losses to carry forward on any profits in the next few years.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vorlon1 said:

Sure. Make some new 'turn-key' kits. My point is that given how expensive these are, and (perhaps) how many might be in the market for an affordable solution, it may be worth it for Mooney to have some made...

Just 'throwing it out there'.

I put these on my '93 M20M a few years ago. 1275399175_ScreenShot2020-11-09at2_08_00PM.thumb.png.93029961163293b5a75e034e5775ae7b.pngM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

After you pay all expenses you have a profit, then you pay corporate taxes. I think Mooney is a good ways away from that. They probably have quite a few losses to carry forward on any profits in the next few years.

Makes sense 

• 2 weeks later...