Looking to explore Mooney ownership; St. Louis

jthawkins2001

Hi there!

I am a new PPL, about to start working towards my instrument/commercial - and am looking for an economic and fun to fly plane to use.

Mooney M20(C/D/E/F) are on my radar; thinking a 180 HP variant.

Is there anyone around St. Louis who would be willing to take me up in a Mooney so I could experience it and answer the question of it's the plane I am looking for?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard JT!

The M20C is the only one on your list that is 180hp...

Made things a bit easier for you, didn’t I?  :)

The other 180hp Mooney would be the M20G that didn’t make your list... it Is a mid body Mooney...

If you like carbs, the 180hp engine is great!

If you like to sit in the back seats, the M20G is perfect!

I flew an M20C for a decade... loved it...

The M20R is so fast, it feels like I’m flying from the giant baggage compartment some days...   :)

Try to find the calico Mooney in MO there is a picture of it, aloft, in front of the arch...

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, markgrue said:

I am always looking for a reason to fly.  When and where...

My wife always repeats my line, "I only need half an excuse to fly." But St. Louie is a far piece from Lower Alabama . . . .

Ya'll have a good time! And please fly nice.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, jthawkins2001 said:

Hi there!

I am a new PPL, about to start working towards my instrument/commercial - and am looking for an economic and fun to fly plane to use.

Is there anyone around St. Louis who would be willing to take me up in a Mooney so I could experience it and answer the question of it's the plane I am looking for?

Thanks!

I would be happy to take you up when 9150V gets the mags returned from overhaul and also gets out of annual - likely  October but hopefully this month. I am based at KHAE so it might be a bit of a drive. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, jthawkins2001 said:

Hi there!

Thanks!

On 9/14/2020 at 7:23 PM, gsxrpilot said:

Can do... inviting...

@Junkman @markgrue @Stephen

Those are the closest... but there are lots within easy Mooney range.

Sorry @jthawkins2001, first time I've logged on in a while - still looking for a ride?

Thanks for the call-out Paul @gsxrpilot!

I just got my girl back from Weep No More today and have an unrelated electrical issue to resolve (hopefully quickly) but would be happy to oblige. I'm at Spirit of St Louis (KSUS) and can be available most any time. 

My airplane is a turbo long body so not representative of what you're looking for but I'm still happy to have you come over to take a look around and see what you think. Voice or text (314) 283-5718.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1