KLUK to KMKC vs KCVG to KMCI

211º

Through work, I won tickets to the Chiefs' Game on this past Thursday.

After I committed to going and using the tickets, I checked the weather and discovered that the forecast was Low IFR for all of Thursday and Friday. The forecast for Downtown Wheeler Airport had a 700 foot ceiling.

I thought about changing my personal minimums down to 1,000 feet and "going for it!"

But a cooler portion of my brain persevered and I decided to go on Delta's 0600 flight instead.

It was solid IMC from takeoff to over 10,000 feet and then between layers the rest of the way to KC. When we landed at MCI on Thursday morning, I asked the captain where he broke out - "about 350 feet".

Glad that I have a portion of my brain that is founded on using facts, not just gut and go-for-it.

• Like 2

Nice work, 211°!

It takes a real MSer to strike up that conversation with so little time to execute it....   :)

Then return here with the details...

Great work!  and, thanks for sharing the details!

Looks like pro football has a whole week in the bag... with no terrible pandemic health news to share.

Best regards,

-a-