Navigation System Troubleshooting

FLYFST

Hello Florida Flyers,

Anyone have experience using either MAC Avionics or Gulf Coast Avionics in Lakeland (KLAL) or possibly Central Florida Avionics & Instruments in Leesburg (KLEE) that you are willing to share?  Any other avionics shop recommendations for troubleshooting and repair (not new install)?

thanks - Hank

1 hour ago, FLYFST said:

Hello Florida Flyers,

Anyone have experience using either MAC Avionics or Gulf Coast Avionics in Lakeland (KLAL) or possibly Central Florida Avionics & Instruments in Leesburg (KLEE) that you are willing to share?  Any other avionics shop recommendations for troubleshooting and repair (not new install)?

thanks - Hank

I've had excellent work done by Treasure Coast Avionics in Fort Pierce.

12 hours ago, philiplane said:

Gulf Coast is OK. Not bad, not great, mostly OK. They tend to overshoot schedules so be certain the time frame is well defined in advance. But they do good work.

Thank You!  I called them up yesterday.  I am also considering Central Florida Avionics & Instruments in Leesburg.

By the way, since you are based out of KFXE, do you know anything about Aerospace Electronics, Inc. (AEI)?  There are a few post on MooneySpace recommending them but the phone number I have for them is not operational and their website is down.

thanks again - Hank

26 minutes ago, FLYFST said:

Thank You!  I called them up yesterday.  I am also considering Central Florida Avionics & Instruments in Leesburg.

By the way, since you are based out of KFXE, do you know anything about Aerospace Electronics, Inc. (AEI)?  There are a few post on MooneySpace recommending them but the phone number I have for them is not operational and their website is down.

thanks again - Hank

Aerospace Electronics is now owned by a former employee. Rick Morris. It is now called Aerospace Avionics LLC.  954-778-1543.  Email: r_tronics80@yahoo.com

Rick has a full test bench for Century autopilot, and also has one of the best bench technicians for these systems.

28 minutes ago, philiplane said:

Aerospace Electronics is now owned by a former employee. Rick Morris. It is now called Aerospace Avionics LLC.  954-778-1543.  Email: r_tronics80@yahoo.com

Rick has a full test bench for Century autopilot, and also has one of the best bench technicians for these systems.

Excellent, thanks!  I will reach out to Rick.

Hank